1.    #1  
    hey everyone im new to the pre and i cant figure out how to install WebOS Quick Install,and what version should i install,cause i want to install the onboard keyboard,and some themes,and what ever else i can do to the pre anyone that can help me out please let me know
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    go here ->http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html

and there are perfectly good instructions on how to install it and what you need
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
  3.    #3  
    when i download it,do i connect my pre to my computer,do i click media sync or usb drive?
  4.    #4  
    anyone else want to help me out
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    you have to put the pre in developer mode and then press just charge when you plug it in
  6.    #6  
    just press charge thats it how do i change settings
  7.    #7  
    ok everyone i installed the webos quick installer software on my computer now how can i change the different settings i dont want to mess up my phone please help me out newbie here
    Quote Originally Posted by mysprintpre View Post
    ok everyone i installed the webos quick installer software on my computer now how can i change the different settings i dont want to mess up my phone please help me out newbie here
    I'm saying this to be helpful, not rude.

You need to read the directions.

It's laid out step by step in the thread you were already linked to. If you're given a piece here and a piece there in different discussions, you will be MORE likely to mess up your phone and you won't learn anything. Just slow down, read the directions, and enjoy.

Really.
  9.    #9  
    i am reading the directions but just trying to see if someone else can show me step by step is all im new to this
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    i am reading the directions but just trying to see if someone else can show me step by step is all im new to this
    search for preware and read instructions. Use preware to keep track of your changes so you can undo them.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    search for preware and read instructions. Use preware to keep track of your changes so you can undo them.
    i actually just installed filecoaster on my phone but should i install preware instead is preware better?
    i actually just installed filecoaster on my phone but should i install preware instead is preware better?
    I wouldn't say one is clearly better than the other.

filecoaster does not load as many different feeds, which means there's less to look through, but less available. Also, filecoaster let's you type in the URL of a package that is online to download and install.

Preware on the other hand, accesses all of the open standard feeds including themes, and a huge number of patches, which means that it doesn't load as fast, but gives you WAY more options for things to install.

Personally, I haven't used filecoaster once since discovering Preware, but some folks still like it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I wouldn't say one is clearly better than the other.

filecoaster does not load as many different feeds, which means there's less to look through, but less available. Also, filecoaster let's you type in the URL of a package that is online to download and install.

Preware on the other hand, accesses all of the open standard feeds including themes, and a huge number of patches, which means that it doesn't load as fast, but gives you WAY more options for things to install.

Personally, I haven't used filecoaster once since discovering Preware, but some folks still like it.
    i removed filecoaster and installed preware and i like the preware much better than filecoaster you have alot more to choose from
  14.    #14  
    do i leave developermode on all the time? or do i shut it off?
    do i leave developermode on all the time? or do i shut it off?
    I leave mine on all the time.

In theory, leaving it on creates some sort of security risk, but I fail to understand how, or why I'd care.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I leave mine on all the time.

In theory, leaving it on creates some sort of security risk, but I fail to understand how, or why I'd care.
    what happens if you shut it off? do you only need it on when you are using the webos quick install