1.    #1  
    So I deleted this application thinking it could be re-downloaded at a later time... big mistake. Apparently Palm made this independent of their 'core' applications and this can be deleted (at least from the launcher).

Is there anyway to restore this? I tried using the WebOS Repair Utility/Tool and that did not find anything.

Will I have to do a full restore of the phone with WebOS Doctor?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    If you have webOS Doctor, then no, you won't have to do a full restore. Just make sure that the version of webos doc is the same as the version of webos your running.

Then you'll have to delete the directory /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer on the Pre and then open webOS Doctor, using WinRAR or WinZip or something, and navigate to resources folder, then open webos.tar --> .\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz --> .\usr\palm\applications\ --> com.palm.app.pdfviewer.tar.gz

Unpack this archive file and copy it's content to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer. [the archive has a directory of the same name]

Restart Luna using Luna Manager or typing the following at a shell prompt...
    Code:
    stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    If you've deleted the icon, I am not sure how to recover that. Maybe editing the Json fiile in the root of that apps directory.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Just be advised that version 1.2 of PDF Viewer has a bug in the Find function..... Version 1.1 located in webOS doctor 1.1 doesn't have this bug.
  4.    #4  
    When trying to delete the dir using:

Code:
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer
    I get the error:

Code:
    rm: cannot remove '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer' : Read-only file system
    Also it seems I have an extra file: com.palm.app.pdfviewer.tar.gz when I list the applications in /usr/palm/applications on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestrider View Post
    When trying to delete the dir using:

Code:
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer
    I get the error:

Code:
    rm: cannot remove '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer' : Read-only file system
    Also it seems I have an extra file: com.palm.app.pdfviewer.tar.gz when I list the applications in /usr/palm/applications on the phone.
    From the command prompt (via Terminal app or SSH [SSH requires 'sudo -i' first]) type the following:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    This will remount your filesystem to read/write instead of read-only.
  6.    #6  
    How can I copy the directory from my computer to Pre? When connecting it as a USB drive I don't see /usr/palm/applications

I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Also does having the file system writable persist? Does this mean I'm root now?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Were you ever able to fix this?
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions