1.    #1  
    The other night, I screwed up a patch and had to reset my phone using 1.2.1 WebOS doctor. I backed up all of my necessary files onto my computer using WinSCP then reset it.

After the reset and re-rooting, I transferred my files back onto the phone. However, only some of my pictures show up. Most of my camera photos are missing and all of the default wallpapers are gone also. Ive tried doing what I can think of to make them show up but nothing is working.

The photos are stored in /media/internal/DCIM/100PALM/ and the wallpapers are in /media/internal/wallpapers/. Photos have the default "CIMG" prefix, as usual.

Any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Someone?
    it's because of Palm's file indexing system.

One option is using Internalz, move or copy a file. That'll trigger a fileindexer rescan.

Alternatively, in commandline, you can do:
    Code:
    /sbin/stop fileindexer
    /bin/rm -f /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3
    /sbin/start fileindexer
    That'll delete the existing db cache and force a rescan
  4.    #4  
    Fixed it, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    it's because of Palm's file indexing system.

One option is using Internalz, move or copy a file. That'll trigger a fileindexer rescan.

Alternatively, in commandline, you can do:
    Code:
    /sbin/stop fileindexer
    /bin/rm -f /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3
    /sbin/start fileindexer
    That'll delete the existing db cache and force a rescan
    Jason, you are the MAN. Just noticed most of my wallpapers weren't showing up, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get them back. I even tried using WinSCP to make a new "wallpapers2" folder and copy the images there. Didn't help, the same ones were showing, which was less than half. Ran those three commands from putty and bam, everything is back. Thanks again man!
    BTW I ran into this issue before finding this thread a Really FAST way to get this done is kill the pid of fileindexer. It will automatically restart and rebuild the database. Though killing the process might not be the best solution in every scenario(some cases might cause you to have to do a full reboot..maybe possiblity of corrupting some file).

Also no need to delete the database. just stop then start the fileindexer and it will rebuild the database.