1.    #1  
    ok i fully erased my palm pre becuz of sumthin thats not important and now i cannot use my putty service to root to my pre. sumone please help becuz ive searched everywherre and i get nothin. and please you high tech nerds who like to come on peoples rooms and talk a bunch of sh it please stay the **.ck out!! if ur not goin to help me in anyway or talk crap dont bother replying to this post....
    Is developer mode on
    Not sure what counts as "high tech nerds", but hopefully this will help... If you used to have SSH access to your Pre, you had to install an SSH service on it. The SSH service is what listens for, and answers, Putty's request for a connection. Depending on what you mean by "fully erased", there's a good chance that the SSH service, and your user account, have been removed. So, I'd suggest going to Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals. Follow the instructions to restore SSH access.
  4.    #4  
    yea thanx but its still not working. and i mean by full erase is i used the full erase option in the device info.... any other solutions that would be helpful or how to paste in the terminal app...
    I don't know of any way to copy and paste into Novaterm. Sadly, it's just not an option, despite there being right-click options that say otherwise. You'll have to type it out. If that fails, more detail would be helpful-- error messages, etc.
    First of all, chill out. Insulting people, cussing and making demands is a pretty unproductive way to get help.

That being said, I suspect the issues is because your SSH key has changed. Once a key has been recognized, you can't connect to the same computer with a different key. This can happen if personal information is erased, or even if you remove and reinstall SSH.

The bad news is that because I use a linux desktop (where SSH clients like putty are completely unnecessary) I don't know where the SSH keys are stored for a windows user running putty, so you'll have to do some more searching.

What you'll want to search for is "clear ssh key" or something like that. Maybe "reset ssh key putty." You can just use google for it, because this is not an issue specific to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    I don't know of any way to copy and paste into Novaterm. Sadly, it's just not an option, despite there being right-click options that say otherwise. You'll have to type it out. If that fails, more detail would be helpful-- error messages, etc.
    Actually you can copy and paste into novaterm using keyboard shortcuts.

Instead of hitting "ctrl-v" you hit "shift-insert"

Pretty much the standard method for most terminal apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Actually you can copy and paste into novaterm using keyboard shortcuts.

Instead of hitting "ctrl-v" you hit "shift-insert"

Pretty much the standard method for most terminal apps.
    That was the first thing I tried. I do UNIX datacenter analysis for a living... shift + ins is more natural to me than ctrl-v. Neither works on either of my systems.
    That's really strange. It works just fine for me on my Ubuntu desktop. I've done it countless times. Perhaps novaterm is implemented differently on windows.