Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Is there a way to reorder the phone numbers within a contact record? I'd like to move mobile numbers and home and fax numbers towards the bottom of the list.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    If your asking if you can move how info within the contact window is displayed, then no. The numbers come first; however you can have your contacts listed by first name or last if that helps how your contacts are viewed...

Thanks button is only a click away :P
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    When I search for a contact (that has a cell phone, home phone, work phone and work fax) I always want the top phone entry to be their cell phone number that's listed.

Here's a picture of what I'm trying to explain.

Here, I want the cell phone number to be the first listed, followed by work, then last with fax.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I don't know of an easy way to produce the order you want in existing contacts. The long way would be to change the labels to the order you want and re-enter the numbers. If you're adding a new cell number to an existing contact, you would need to replace. For example, if the only phone number in the list was home and you wanted to add a cell number and have the cell occur first in the list, I think you would need to put the home number in the new second space, replace the first-in-list home number with the cell number, and relabel.

That's sort of cumbersome for more than a few contacts. Perhaps someone else has a more elegant solution?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    On the Centro, you could re-order the different numbers in a contact. I don't think you can do it on the Pre...and it ****es me off. I am the same way, this is a cell phone, and I am usually calling someones cell phone if they have one, so put cell phone number above work or home.