Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Jason, or someone please help me. My computer is shooting me the 'windows needs to install the driver software for novacom linux' thing again. I've followed the steps over and over, and had this issue before on my other Pre - which following your instructions resolved it - but I CANNOT get this resolved now on my second Pre.

Now I cannot even download an .exe Orca to manually do it. It downloads as an .msi file and when I try to open it, it says 'application not found'. I've deleted it and reinstalled it several times - same result. I've uninstalled the Novacomd file and tried reinstalling via the WebOS installer. I've made sure the phone is in Dev Mode, it has been in the 'just charge' mode, I have restarted the phone and computer after changes, I'm at a loss.

One time during all this I was able to get to the point of making the file changes and saving it, but then it also asked if I wanted to save changes to the archive or something like that, I did and I haven't even been able to get it to that point again. I'm assuming I shouldn't have done the archive save, but any ideas on what I can do now?

All I want to do is sync this thing with iTunes (newest version) and can't believe it's turned into this mess. I hope you (or someone) can help me fix this. Thanks!
    I think I'm in the same boat. My Pre syncs fine with iTunes (win 7) but I just bought my wife one won't sync with iTunes. Occasionally it tells me the novacom drivers are needed (whatever that is). It's wierd that mine works and hers doesn't. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thx
    hook ur phone up to computer and open webos QI and open file ,options amd then hit reinstall novacom driver. that may work for you!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    I've uninstalled the Novacomd file and tried reinstalling via the WebOS installer.
    As I posted... I did that and it didn't work.

As for the bottom part if your comment I will try that. If it works I'd be happy to thank you but I generally don't for people who respond to me before reading my whole post.