1.    #1  
    A lot of talk has been going around the forums about making the Palm Pre better. How it should look feel and most of all funtion. There are people trying to make decisions on giving up on Palm all together. Why wont Palm "please stand up"? This first year for the WebOs has been real difficult and Palm should work with other phone companies in putting the WebOS onto other phones besides a Palm device. By the end of 2009 I think Palm is really going to see if this will be the end of Palm. Too many people have jumped ship already and either went to iPhone, Blackberry, or an Android phone. The WebOS is a great idea and great platform, but why keep it so locked down and not improve it or even prove to your customers that things will get better. No talk from palm to motivate their customers to stay, no motivation of what is to come. Palm you must do better, you have dedicated users and developers that are doubting you, the technology is moving fast and leaving WebOS back in 06/06/2009. We dont hear too much more excitement about the Pre, commercials fading, sales are failing. Too many people returning your phone. I like the phone and would love to see more, its like a movie that started out so good until you get into the middle then drops off at the end sitting there for 3hrs thinking, the rest of the movie that it is going to get better, its going to pick up but never does. I would love for this movie to blow me away soon, blow me away PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jblake1030; 10/21/2009 at 01:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    we the people would love to have a video cam, a phone that supports iphone like games, a microsd card slot, more payment options in the app catalog.......but until then I love the slide out keyboard, the big screen, the gr8 os, the gr8 speaker.......

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    No talk from palm to motivate their customers to stay, no motivation of what is to come. Palm you must do better, you have dedicated users and developers that are doubting you, the technology is moving fast and leaving WebOS back in 06/06/2009.
    This is the way it's always been with Apple. You just need to trust that the engineers are diligently working on new devices (beyond the Pixi) and that we'll find out about them when Palm is good and ready to tell us. Just like Apple it's all about the OS. IMHO, anyone who switches will end up missing webOS. Even Android doesn't do what webOS does. I love that new commercial about what the iPhone doesn't do. The Palm pre does everything (except 5 mpix Pictures) that is mentioned for that new Android phone.

Hang in there. Be thankful we have Rubinstein and all the ex-Apple engineers. The future is bright. We just can't see it yet.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I'm still under my 30 days but I must say, that overall I think it's working for me. It is not just the phone, but all the things that come from Sprint in the data package.
    Video recording would be nice. But I think they need to work on the camera, white balance, things like that. I have a positive take on the future of this phone. It needs attention in areas, and I think Palm knows that.
    It is a new phone and getting better.
    Palm needs persistence and we need patience.
    Whoring out webOS to other phone manufactures would not be smart IMHO. Android already has that title and is doing well. Keeping the hardware and software in-house, ala RIM/Apple, delivers a much better end user experience.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    tl;dr

Please submit all suggestions, questions, and complaints to Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community

Input elsewhere is promptly sent to /dev/null

kthxbai