1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I've set up a calendar event that lasts for 0 minutes and has a notification set to 'At Start Time'. When the start time arrives the bell chimes and the screen flashes for a few seconds, then goes back to blank (when the phone isn't on a charger). If I leave the phone alone both before and after the event and don't touch the phone for a good 10-15 minutes, when I finally do pick up the phone there's no notification or information AT ALL to let me know that this event had come and gone. I've missed a few (minor, luckily) events because of this. Has anyone else seen this behavior? I'm setting the events on the phone itself in the Palm calendar.

I've put lots of tweaks and homebrew apps in here so that might have something to do with it, but I was wondering if anyone else had seen this. I've been able to recreate the issue a number of times.

Thanks!

--Josh
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It's probably because of this -

"If you tap Snooze on a calendar event notification, the notification no longer reappears after the event end time."

Which can be seen here -

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

Which is the "What's New In WebOS 1.2.1" page.

Since the duration of your event has expired, and it also seems that certain sets of circumstances cause an automatic snooze, as I've discovered, you have no notification...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  3.    #3  
    That could make sense - my phone (somewhat) regularly wakes itself up from snooze, sometimes displays a java error notification for a split second here and there, etc. Some strangeness. So I guess a quick fix would be to make my events last longer so that, hopefully, I'll check my phone at some point during the event and see what's up? Hmmm....

Thanks for the info!

--Josh
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Josh,

You're most welcome.

Javascript error? Possibly an old version of a patch file? Odd...

As for not missing things - I recommend the homebrew app - Agenda.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Try using the Calendar notification repeat and snooz duration patchs found in Preware.