1.    #1  
    The original idea was from someone on these forums who had the concept of flicking to get the scrollbar started, then latching onto the scrollbar to keep it going rather than flicking off your Pre 50 times to get to the top of a page.

Fullsize link:

I'd love some feedback on this, since it took me over 9000 hours in MSPaint.
    nice, very nice
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'd love some feedback on this, since it took me over 9000 hours in MSPaint.
    Absolutely! I completely agree. I think that would be an excellent feature to add to the browser, at least.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Looks great - but I don't think most people are going to want to see the scroll bar there all the time. If you've kept this in mind, I think you've got a solid idea here.
    You are a God amongst MS. Paint users!

Nice idea.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    unfortunately apple may have a patent on this so it only may be available from the homebrew community...
    I want it!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Looks great - but I don't think most people are going to want to see the scroll bar there all the time. If you've kept this in mind, I think you've got a solid idea here.
    As noted in the text, the scrollbars would fade in upon moving the browser window, and would fade out after it stops moving.

If anyone wants the .psd, shoot me a pm and I'll email it.
  9.    #9  
    Bamp. 5 months later and I still want this.
    I like the look, but personally i would prefer a Page up and page down patch to use on the keyboard, or better the volume keys.
    that looks nice as hell...love it!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

is there a patch for this yet. I mean at least to see where you are in a page. Maybe the sidebar doesn't have to be functional, it just have to show indication of how big the page is and where you are on the page. It could just be a numbered percentage. How can Apple patent a scrollbar? We had one for PalmOS. Every other OS has some sort of indicator?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hehe - just like on the Milestone ( Android ).

Want that too.

For everyone who says 'scrollbars are not needed' - read this:
    The Project Gutenberg E-text of The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde
    A patch for this would be awesome!
    My heart broke a little bit when I got to the part about this being a graphic of the idea and not the patch, itself.

Stil, good job on the graphic and explaining it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I like the look, but personally i would prefer a Page up and page down patch to use on the keyboard, or better the volume keys.
    Browser Multi Mod patch has hotkeys for page up, page down, line down, page top, & page bottom.
    For those of you that don't already know there is already a scrollbar patch here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-browser.html

It doesn't yet have the functionality to grab the scrubber in order to move quickly up and down, but the developer plans to include that in a later release.
    Regarding browser top(/bottom) action, we only need Palm to implement diagonal swiping in the OS ...