1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

First, if I placed this post in the wrong area, please sysop move it to the correct place.

Ok, now my problem:

Since I upgraded to 1.2.x I've noticed that the Pre no longer crops pictures for placement into a Contact.

I'm not sure if the problem with cropping affects other things.

I held off before posting this because I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I am doing wrong.

In the past (pre 1.2.x) when you took a picture of someone and you where going to crop their face only for example for placement in the appropriate Contact, it would do a very good job of ... for lack of better words.. an 1 to 1 crop. Using the 'white square' to align a face in the box, when applied would end up being exactly what I saw in the 'white outlined box' when doing the crop.

Ok if I've explained that so far clearly enough and you are following me, he is what is happening now after the upgrade.

When I do the crop of a face, and place it into a contact, the resulting picture is oversized for the 'white square box' that is offered in the Contact application.

So instead of getting the normal WUSIWUG (am I giving my age away), What you see if what you get thing. The picture is over spilling the white square border.

I hope I've explained it in a way that everyone understands what I am trying to point out.

And am also asking someone else to verify the problem, so I can say it's not just me.

I want this fixed, because it just makes it more complicated when doing the crops and you don't end up getting them perfect!

And if it is verified that its a problem, how do I begin to inform Palm about the issue.

Ok, let me not get ahead of myself. One thing at a time!

Thanks all!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Rob, I'm on 1.2.1 and I don't seem to be having the same cropping issues you are. In fact, I cropped approximately 10 or so contact photos yesterday without any issues at all.

Do you have any patches installed that may be interferng with your photo viewer or contacts app? I don't have any contact patches installed, and only have the grey shutter sound icon, and volume key patches for the camera app. However, I doubt any of these could interfere or cause problems in cropping.