Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    So I'm thinking, why does my Pre take waaay longer to boot then my Windows Xp computer?

What is it doing? How about a scrolling bar showing the files being loaded.

Or like the Sims, it could say "Reticulating Splines", "Loading Adult Book marks", or show me a little movie or the AOL dude running...just a thought.

And before I get flamed, I'm just poking some humor!
    Serious reply: if you're having boot tines of above 3 or 4 minutes, it might be a good idea to visit the Dr. When 1.2 came out my pre was taking upwards of 5 minutes to boot and had become generally worse in nerms of speed, like your winxp desktop a reformat/ reinstall can help boot times/speed, it worked wonders for me and my pre still boots in ~2 minutes.
    Not srs: Your pre likes to sleep, do you like to wake up and start getting poked?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    well it not that long! Just wish it would be quicker, maybe down the road. I dont like getting poked while I am asleep. After I am up, poking is ok, lol