1.    #1  
    Ok I got the Pre about 3 weeks ago and i love it but i have been trying to personalize it and make it my own but all this downloading and getting my computer and phone to work with me is confusing. I really need some help with getting the WebOS Quick Install to work cause i cant get it to work on my computer therefor I cant download any patches or themes and I really really want to. Someone please help me. If necessary we can exchange IMs like yahoo or aim or skype or something cause i really wanna get this working.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    What have you tried so far? What exactly did you do? At what point does it not work? Does it not recognize your phone, or does the program not run on your pc at all? Did you install both WedQI and WebDR to the same folder?

As you can see, no one can help you unless you provide more information.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    agreed we need some more details, at what point in the process are you hitting a wall. Some of the most common problems with connecting the pre to a computer are: having developer mode enabled, having the latest version of java installed, nova not being installed correctly (usually the biggest problem), and making sure you select "just charge" instead of "usb mode" when plugging in. Shouldnt be too hard to debug once you give us a little more info.
  4.    #4  
    ok well the program comes up but does not recognize my pre and i was told i dont have a program im suppose to have but cant seem to find it or even know what it is. The web quick install screen will come up but it will do nothing when i plug my phone up. i do have it in developer mode that works fine.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    do you have WebDr installed in the same folder as WebOSQI? What version of Java are you running? Is novacom running?