Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. neoncorey's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have 4 email accounts linked to my Pre.
    (1) gmail
    (2) hotmail
    (1) yahoo

    The Gmail account is the only one that seems to be abiding by the requested amount of polling times. I have the Gmail set to 10mins and this seems to be reliable. But the others which are set to Manual (tried 12 & 24hrs as well) will get batches of emails through out the day; atleast 3-4 times a day. Really annoying when in the middle of the night I get stupid spam mail from the other accounts. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE?!?! It is probably affecting my battery performance slightly too.

    I have tried removing the accounts totally, then re-adding them....still no luck. Any ideas??...I know I can change the notifications but I would prefer it to work correctly. I have tried testing by sending emails from my work account and cannot determine when or why they appear on the phone. I have started a log of the times and already today with the 3 emails accounts set at manual, 4 times today I received emails (not each time at the same intervals either).

    IDEAS ANYONE?
  2. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yup. I have (1) IMAP account, (3) gmail accounts and (1) Rogers account (Canadian). They are all set to "Manual" but the Rogers account just keeps going and going and going. I tried to set it to 24 hrs which was the old workaround but that doesn't work either. The IMAP and the gmail accounts work fine though.

    Would love to find a solution. For now, I keep deleting the Rogers account and then re-adding it whenever I need to check that account. Not very efficient but it works and it's better than being annoyed with spam.
  3. #3  
    it's a bug. Annoying! I don't think there's a fix yet.
  4. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #4  
    This really irks me as well. I route all of my "business" (spam) mail to a specific address, but I also use that address for online bill pay and notifications instead of my main email. It's a comcast account, and it's set to manual, but I get random emails all day long on it.

    Palm has to know there's a bug in this, right?
  5. #5  
    The Email application syncs all of your Email accounts every time you power the Pre off/on, reboot webOS, make/receive a phone call or if the Pre totally loses its cellular data connection (both 1xRTT and EVDO) for some reason. This happens even if you have the accounts set to "Manual" sync. It is a definite bug that Palm has not fixed yet.
  6. #6  
    Strange that this was supposed to be fixed in the 1.2.0 update (see the changelog).
  7. markbugs's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    The Email application syncs all of your Email accounts every time you power the Pre off/on, reboot webOS, make/receive a phone call or if the Pre totally loses its cellular data connection (both 1xRTT and EVDO) for some reason. This happens even if you have the accounts set to "Manual" sync. It is a definite bug that Palm has not fixed yet.
    This has NOT been my experience at all. My Yahoo account is set to Manual and definitely does not check for new mail unless I manually refresh it. Restarting the phone does NOT force it to sync for me.
  8. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by markbugs View Post
    This has NOT been my experience at all. My Yahoo account is set to Manual and definitely does not check for new mail unless I manually refresh it. Restarting the phone does NOT force it to sync for me.
    My experience is the same. My multiple gmail accounts only sync when I force them to (as they are supposed to). But the comcast account syncs multiple times daily. It's really stupid.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    My experience is the same. My multiple gmail accounts only sync when I force them to (as they are supposed to). But the comcast account syncs multiple times daily. It's really stupid.

    Not sure on the other users yahoo comment, but gmail utilizes IMAP and there fore it works differently than your comcast and hotmail. This is why many hotmail users are pushing hotmail to gmail since gmail uses the more efficient for pda mail IMAP.

    So yeah other than workarounds..... from everything I have read, non-IMAP type e-mail services are not functioning properly with the pre/webOS currently.

Posting Permissions