Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    So I've had my Pre for a few days now and one of the oddities that I see is that there are no scroll bars anywhere in existence.... ?

If I'm on a web page, I just scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll... but I have no indicators as to how long the web page actually is...

Does this bother anybody else? Am I missing something?
    Personally I like it this way. Scroll bars would take up screen real estate.
    I think the scrool bar, should be a small dot that moves as you scroll, kinda would look like the center button
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    A little dot though would be nice. -m
    I might email palm, about this, see what they say
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I was thinking the same thing. I never know how long something is, I just have to scroll til it ends. It would be nice to have some sort of indication.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    They should follow Apple's lead, with a thin translucent scroller that only shows up when in motion.
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    ...or if anybody has played with the Sprint Hero - those scroll bars are awesome: tiny, thin, and gone when the page isn't moving.
    I want scroll bars too. I get seriously tired of flicking my way through a big list or to the to top of a web page I have been reading (particularly a problem with forums). I have started to submit feedback to Palm several times, but haven't finished it. I want it to sound like a constructive idea they might actually read versus just someone complaining. I did submit a comment about it in the dev blog when they posted about the UI guide the other day, but it appears they deleted it. Edit: That's weird... it wasn't showing up last night, but now it is back.
    wouldnt you want to stray from apple's ideas, id rather have a small dot on the right. Theres too much copying apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    A little dot though would be nice. -m
    That's practically what the Android browser's scroll bar turns into on long web pages. It's a very thin bar and it shrinks as your web page grows. Most of the time you can ignore it but it still does the job of providing you with an at a glance view of where you are on a web page. I like this behavior better than that of the Pre's web browser.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    I might email palm, about this, see what they say
    You can submit feature requests to Palm here -

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

They don't seem to answer (very quickly, anyway)... But it can't hurt to submit!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    You can submit feature requests to Palm here -

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

They don't seem to answer (very quickly, anyway)... But it can't hurt to submit!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Submitted!
    I submitted it as well. Hopefully I found the right balance between enough information to convey the idea and too much to bother reading.
    my biggest issue with no scroll bars is on forums when I quote someone. If its a long quote I can't get to the end of the quote without holding the orange button and dragging down to the end which is sometimes impossible. Anyone else find it frustrating or am I doing something wrong
    I just want a button that will make the browser go to the bottom of the page.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I just want a button that will make the browser go to the bottom of the page.
    if you have preware, install the browser multi mod patch. In addition to allowing downloading in browser of non-standard-downloadables (eg mp3s, videos,etc) it also has shortcuts (space=page down, period = line down, backspace = top, return = bottom)
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    if you have preware, install the browser multi mod patch. In addition to allowing downloading in browser of non-standard-downloadables (eg mp3s, videos,etc) it also has shortcuts (space=page down, period = line down, backspace = top, return = bottom)
    well, thank you. I forgot I DL that patch and works great!