1.    #1  
    This doesn't sound good.

We are Delicious Morsel.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    im not sure if its good or bad. I mean if you admit to making some of the uglier apps that are in the iPhone store, plus one that probably caused damage, i might not even try the products produced. I can understand why Palm is making them jump through hoops.
    Palm is learning from Apple's mistake. Although I'm an avid Apple fan (computers, not phones), they dropped the ball on the app store. And whether this dude admitted to aiding in the craperific selection or not, Palm would have found out. I appreciate that they are looking out for us and making developers jump through hoops. It protects the consumer, and that's something nobody does anymore! HOORAY PALM!
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    im not sure if its good or bad. I mean if you admit to making some of the uglier apps that are in the iPhone store, plus one that probably caused damage, i might not even try the products produced. I can understand why Palm is making them jump through hoops.
    i think he was joking about one being permanently rejected... if you noticed it was called iFrisbee .... which i'm guessing involved throwing the iphone like a frisbee. I could be wrong though
    Last edited by mokash34; 10/19/2009 at 10:10 AM.
    He is been waiting for a long time! and his app is one of the first best looking homebrew. I hope it gets added soon to the app catalog. Palm does needs a wake up call on this though.
    I am using Twee from day one before even it was available on Precentral homebrew app section. Its the only Twitter app that I will use on Pre unless something better comes (sorry Tweed its just the UI). And then Feeds app that hooked me to this developer for good. I would understand if Palm releasing great apps on app catalog but they are not. I can not find any app a professional looking or good design. Well may be a couple or more but among all those 150 apps only 15 or 20 make sense. And I can understand the frustration of developer that he got better app which he should get paid for and Palm is still pimping Tweed and Spaz. I mean why would Tweed dev start getting paid and Delicious Morsel dont. Looking at Twee and Feeds I just cant imagine what else Delicious Morsel could have developed if Palm did gave him response in fair way and released his apps.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Agreed. Delicious Morsel is among one of the top devs for WebOS. Why Twee has been in this limbo for such a ridiculous amount of time makes no sense. I honestly am starting to think there's some kind of shady connection to Tweed going on. The fact that Twee has been submitted and approved for so long, yet keeps getting pushed back makes no sense.

I'm not surprised at all that they're calling it quits on WebOS for now. It's obvious Palm does not want to foster good developers.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Honestly I have yet to see a useful application from delicious morsel that no other developer has provided. This is just my opinion as i myself do not twitter, however i see there are atleast 3 other twitter applications for webos out there. I don't woot or w/e so I don't use wootOn. I don't use feeds as I mainly just check precentral for news or use my laptap and check news.

Now should they develop games then that would be another story. WebOS is lacking in entertainment applications. I would like to see them develop more games.

There has to be a good reason why their applications aren't making it. I have seen alot of homebrew apps graduate to the catalog VERY quickly.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    I agree with PreGame that there has to be SOME reason this is happening.

However, I also agree with Delicious Morsel that Palm has to start getting their act together REAL soon if they don't want to permanently make people turn their back on WebOS.

A lot of apps (especially games) are seriously suffering from OS issues the developer can't do anything about.

Finally: I think the UI of Twee is sort of nice in terms of functionality (parts of it) but **** ugly in terms of design. It's good to see they're partnering with a real designer because UI design is obviously not one of their strengths.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Honestly I have yet to see a useful application from delicious morsel that no other developer has provided. This is just my opinion as i myself do not twitter, however i see there are atleast 3 other twitter applications for webos out there. I don't woot or w/e so I don't use wootOn. I don't use feeds as I mainly just check precentral for news or use my laptap and check news.

Now should they develop games then that would be another story. WebOS is lacking in entertainment applications. I would like to see them develop more games.

There has to be a good reason why their applications aren't making it. I have seen alot of homebrew apps graduate to the catalog VERY quickly.
    Your first paragraph says it all: DeliciousMorsel's apps aren't useful for *you*. They are very much so for many of us, and I also would not switch off of Twee. I always appreciate *reasonable* feedback from developers, and think DeliciousMorsel's statement was very much reasonable feedback. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    It seems like Palm has been all about helping out the Devs of Tweed and wanted them to be released to make money before the better looking and functioning Twee. Palm is backing the horse the rode in on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    It seems like Palm has been all about helping out the Devs of Tweed and wanted them to be released to make money before the better looking and functioning Twee. Palm is backing the horse the rode in on.
    I sort of have been wondering if it's something like this myself. Remember, Pivotal Labs (designer of Tweed) was a pre-launch partner back in the beginning, so I have to be just a little suspicious when what's been a finished product for probably 3 weeks now (even if they found other little issues since, nothing worse than any of the other programs that ARE in the App Catalog that haven't been able to be updated yet) hasn't been put out yet.

While TweeFree does do most of what I want, I'll be waiting for the full version myself, and despite the fact Tweed has a head start in the paid apps catalog, it's not going to change my mind that Twee is my preferred client.

That all being said, I can completely understand why they would want to halt development after having been in limbo for three or more weeks like this. Hopefully Palm will continually improve its process at the same rate they've been improving the OS itself so far, so that they can put issues like this behind them.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Pivotal also contains ex-Palm employees and got early access to the 1.2 sdk features (Photo uploading, for example). There's just so many suspect things making it seems like some shady deal is going on there. Palm should not be giving preference any one developer over another.
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    I don't know about that but Twee looks great on my Pre and despite some bugs works better than the other webOS Twitter apps. If this is an example of what these guys can do with webOS, they will be sorely missed....