Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How do I remove all patches from my phone? There are instructions here:
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    But I don't know what to put it into. Do I need a rooted pre to do it?

Also, how do I remove a patch thats not showing up in Preware or WebOS Quick Install? I want to redo the virtual keyboard so I have click sounds, but it's not showing in either app.

Thanks
    Sam
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I think you will need to do a partial erase.
    there is an emergency removal patch under preware that works good I would try this first. Removes all patches at once. Let us know if this helps. If not plug in your pre and try quick install make sure all check boxes are removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wc.bell View Post
    there is an emergency removal patch under preware that works good I would try this first. Removes all patches at once. Let us know if this helps. If not plug in your pre and try quick install make sure all check boxes are removed.
    if this doesn't work u also have the webOS repair utility....go to options and check "override compatibility" and it should remove all tweaks themes and pretty much put ur phone to factory without deleting anything
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #5  
    Ok, so I did the partial erase, but I regret it. It just removed my apps, and didn't remove any patches at all

So here are my problems now:
    I need to install my apps again (i'll fix this myself, made a list )
    Still no patches gone
    and I realized that after I installed a certain theme (it's like "stroke of red" or something like that), it screwed up the unlock screen. they look really ugly now. If anyone cares I'll post a pic.
    Also, now I can't access any apps in preware. I can see the ones I have installed already, but the others are blocked out. How can I fix this?

Lastly, where is this "remove all patches" patch in Preware?

If I can't figure anything else out, i'll just backup everything on my USB and do a full erase.

Thanks for all your help
    Sam
    ------
    ~Sam

Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    Ok, so I did the partial erase, but I regret it. It just removed my apps, and didn't remove any patches at all

So here are my problems now:
    I need to install my apps again (i'll fix this myself, made a list )
    Still no patches gone
    and I realized that after I installed a certain theme (it's like "stroke of red" or something like that), it screwed up the unlock screen. they look really ugly now. If anyone cares I'll post a pic.
    Also, now I can't access any apps in preware. I can see the ones I have installed already, but the others are blocked out. How can I fix this?

Lastly, where is this "remove all patches" patch in Preware?

If I can't figure anything else out, i'll just backup everything on my USB and do a full erase.

Thanks for all your help
    Sam
    Never remove patches differently than you installed them, ie if you installed them via preware then use preware to remove them. Same goes for WOSQI or quilt or any other installer you might be using.

Lastly the patch removal tool in Preware is called EPR and its in available packages/linux application/utilities
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Never remove patches differently than you installed them, ie if you installed them via preware then use preware to remove them. Same goes for WOSQI or quilt or any other installer you might be using.

Lastly the patch removal tool in Preware is called EPR and its in available packages/linux application/utilities
    haha, yeah i figured that first part out on my own :P I did the partial erase cuz the Virtual Keyboard wasn't showing up anywhere (WOQI, Preware), and I wanted to use click sounds but I couldn't since WOQI wasn't detecting it.

The description of EPR says to only run before or after an update. Is it safe to run when you're not updating? Just want to make sure.

Thanks for your help =)
    ------
    ~Sam

haha, yeah i figured that first part out on my own :P I did the partial erase cuz the Virtual Keyboard wasn't showing up anywhere (WOQI, Preware), and I wanted to use click sounds but I couldn't since WOQI wasn't detecting it.

The description of EPR says to only run before or after an update. Is it safe to run when you're not updating? Just want to make sure.

Thanks for your help =)
    No.. your good, you can run EPR anytime you want. It was designed for use when there is an update, not only!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

9.    #9  
    No.. your good, you can run EPR anytime you want. It was designed for use when there is an update, not only!
    Awesomesauce! =D Thanks!!!
    ------
    ~Sam

I downloaded the emergancy Patch removal but how do I run it?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I downloaded the emergancy Patch removal but how do I run it?
    It should run automatically.
    ------
    ~Sam

12.    #12  
    Hm, well, EPR didn't erase anything. Preware says I don't have any more patches installed, but all the patches I installed are still working. Virtual Keyboard, landscape email, 5x4 icons, all of them. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help
    Sam
    ------
    ~Sam

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hm, well, EPR didn't erase anything. Preware says I don't have any more patches installed, but all the patches I installed are still working. Virtual Keyboard, landscape email, 5x4 icons, all of them. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help
    Sam
    Did you restart? That will reset the interface and should remove any patches.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldss View Post
    Did you restart? That will reset the interface and should remove any patches.
    Yep, I've restarted a bunch of times. :/
    ------
    ~Sam

Yep, I've restarted a bunch of times. :/
    did u have a theme installed? u should always uninstall themes first b4 running epr and if u already ran epr and it didnt solve ur problem u should run repair utility with override compatibility on
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    did u have a theme installed? u should always uninstall themes first b4 running epr and if u already ran epr and it didnt solve ur problem u should run repair utility with override compatibility on
    It actually resolved itself. I went into WOQI, and it recongized my virtual keyboard. I dunno how, but it did.

Thanks for your help tho
    ------
    ~Sam

Is there an updated version of WebOS Repair Utility? I dont see the override compatibility...
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Is there an updated version of WebOS Repair Utility? I dont see the override compatibility...
    I dunno if Repair Utility and WebOS Doctor are the same thing, but I didn't see it either. I didn't know what i was doing and accidentally wiped my phone :/
    ------
    ~Sam

I know it sounds dumb but can someone check I no longer have an option to download the EPR program. I have used it once and it worked fine. I can not find it in preware to run it a second time. Is it still avalilable or did it get taken down for some reason? Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wc.bell View Post
    I know it sounds dumb but can someone check I no longer have an option to download the EPR program. I have used it once and it worked fine. I can not find it in preware to run it a second time. Is it still avalilable or did it get taken down for some reason? Any help would be great. Thanks.
    u gotta go to list everything and type "emer" and it should come out
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast