Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i just need what your wanting me to install. it all sounds cool but i dont want to like delete what comes on the phone and not be able to ever replace anything. or loose my contacts and such.
    WebOSQuickInstall is a desktop application. Installing it doesn't do anything to your Pre at all.

What it does, it provides a way for you to install homebrew application, themes, and various patches (a.k.a. tweeks) from a nice friendly desktop application instead of having to get things started through the root terminal.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    so what your saying is there is nothing i will have to do with my phone i will still have the palm pre webos 1.2.1 that they just came out with?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    all i really want to do is get smaller app icons thats all but i dont want to go in and be messing stuff up in my phone and get in trouble with sprint if things go wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    so what your saying is there is nothing i will have to do with my phone i will still have the palm pre webos 1.2.1 that they just came out with?
    Of course. Once again, WebOSQuickInstall is a DESKTOP APPLICATION. It is NOT installed on your Pre. All it does, is provide you with a way to install software onto your Pre from your desktop computer.
    all i really want to do is get smaller app icons thats all but i dont want to go in and be messing stuff up in my phone and get in trouble with sprint if things go wrong
    This has been discussed at great length. You are in no danger of any kind.

In the absolute worst case scenario, you can always run a program on your desktop called WebOSDoctor, which will completely restore all of the software on your Pre to factory condition, including wiping out all personal information.

There is absolutely no serious risk involved with using homebrew software on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    sweet thanx
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    off hand is there a way i can back up my contact list on my computer just incase i know you can on your pre but is there a way to get it on your computer?
    Not a good one. The easiest thing to do is make sure your contacts default to you google account, and run the built in back up program regularly to back them up to your palm profile as well.

The solutions for backing them up to a desktop are paid apps, and not cheap.
    off hand is there a way i can back up my contact list on my computer just incase i know you can on your pre but is there a way to get it on your computer?
    If you have a Mac, you can link your Mac address book with your google account. This will effectively give you a "had-copy" of your contacts on your Mac.

Also remember, when a new webOS update comes out (I think 1.3 is the next one...sometime in November is the rumor), you MUST un-apply ALL patches BEFORE installing a new webOS update.