Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    OP, are you talking about this?

    [url]
    Yes, Dr HS.
    That's exactly it.
  2. #22  
    Your thread titles are driving everyone crazy. Please stop it.

    How many times do you need to be politely asked?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Your thread titles are driving everyone crazy. Please stop it.

    How many times do you need to be politely asked?
    Politely asked, or nagged.
  4.    #24  
    I've had it happen on my Pre since I got it in July. The images in the browser card used to be screwed up when it refreshed, but it doesn't seem to do that anymore. It is pretty annoying when it happens. It's also pretty annoying worrying about it happening all the time.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I've had it happen on my Pre since I got it in July. The images in the browser card used to be screwed up when it refreshed, but it doesn't seem to do that anymore. It is pretty annoying when it happens. It's also pretty annoying worrying about it happening all the time.
    Yeah. Maybe (hopefully) this will be taken care of in 1.4
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Politely asked, or nagged.
    Whatever you choose to call it, your continuing the practice is beginning to approach a form of trolling. You know that it bothers people, people have mentioned this several times and asked you to stop, and yet you still do it.

    Please show respect toward others and stop making the front page of this forum look incredibly immature. This isn't MySpace. We do not need your weak attempts at ASCII art.

    Thank you so much for your consideration.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Whatever you choose to call it, your continuing the practice is beginning to approach a form of trolling. You know that it bothers people, people have mentioned this several times and asked you to stop, and yet you still do it.

    Please show respect toward others and stop making the front page of this forum look incredibly immature. This isn't MySpace. We do not need your weak attempts at ASCII art.

    Thank you so much for your consideration.
    Umm-
    I've been thanked no less than 200 times in 150 posts.
    I didn't get all that thanks by "trolling". You have a grand total of 35 thanks and you gave a grand total of what, 2?
    So who's a "troll"?
    Do you know what a "troll" is?
    Do you have any other word for anything that you disagree with besides the OVERUSED TERM, "TROLL"?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/06/2010 at 06:52 PM.
  8. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #28  
    While there were few, legitimate thanks... the majority of thanks that you received were really from chit-chat.

    Your merits are for another time. The fact that you make threads with the arrows just looks very snobbish/trollish/whatever you want to call it.
    If I recall correctly, you made a thread titled with numbers. That thread went on for like 7 pages filled with complete SPAM until it was finally put in the Off Topic forum.
    People who went to that thread can agree with me: That was trollish.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    If I recall correctly, you made a thread titled with numbers. That thread went on for like 7 pages filled with complete SPAM until it was finally put in the Off Topic forum.
    People who went to that thread can agree with me: That was trollish.
    But you have to admit that some of it was fun. Maybe dbd is just bored? Although I disagree with some of the methods of spice-adding, I agree in principle that it needs to be done every once in a while. I just hope we're not scaring off new slightly more conservative Pre/Pixi Plus owners that are new to the forums in the process.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    While there were few, legitimate thanks... the majority of thanks that you received were really from chit-chat.

    Your merits are for another time. The fact that you make threads with the arrows just looks very snobbish/trollish/whatever you want to call it.
    If I recall correctly, you made a thread titled with numbers. That thread went on for like 7 pages filled with complete SPAM until it was finally put in the Off Topic forum.
    People who went to that thread can agree with me: That was trollish.
    Kedar, Tiddlekins:

    I really have no need nor care to justify myself to either of you.
    If i want criticism, all i need to do is stand in front of my wife.
    If you don't like it, don't click it.
    It's that easy.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/07/2010 at 06:44 AM.
  11. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #31  
    I'll take the little arrows over the:

    I BRICKED MY PHONE!!!!!! OMG HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. #32  
    I wish that I had the time back in my life that I wasted by reading this thread. (including writing this reply!)
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    The only reason i can think of is; maybe the Pre uses less memory if it temporarily greys out a browser card while you visit something else, therefore making things move faster.
    That's pretty much exactly what it's doing. In the "first-stage" its taking a low-quality screenshot and dumping the rendered webpage to recover some memory. In the "second-stage" it drops everything (short of cached files) to recover more memory, but it has to completely rebuild the page when you go back to it.


    Edit: I don't get this often, but its highly dependent on what websites your viewing. Something grotesquely complex, like the new Edgagdet, are more likely to trigger it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Thats pretty much exactly what it's doing. In the "first-stage" its taking a low-quality screenshot and dumping the rendered webpage to recover some memory. In the "second-stage" it drops everything (short of cached files) to recover more memory, but it has to completely rebuild the page when you go back to it.
    Thank you, Mr. ReCall. I hope that's changed in the next update.
  15.    #35  
    I always notice a pause/lag when it happens... sometimes I can minimize the app that just paused in time to see the browser card go grey.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    If ur logged into a website, you get logged out.
    Why why why why why is this done?
    Why does a card feel so dirty, that it feels the need to refresh itself almost every time i go back to it?
    The only reason i can think of is; maybe the Pre uses less memory if it temporarily greys out a browser card while you visit something else, therefore making things move faster.
    I don't know.
    But maybe some of you can chime in with some "wisdom".

    BTW: I don't think this happened with all of the earlier versions of webOS. I think it started towards the end of '09.
    Stop with the arrows dude. Your not the only one who use's precentral. This isn't dbd's playhouse. Have some respect for the other people who visit this site. Your threads and your self important thread count are useless outside your own mind. Why feel the need to draw attention to all your threads? because noone cares anyways?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 02/07/2010 at 04:16 AM.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Umm-
    I've been thanked no less than 200 times in 150 posts.
    Make that 201.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Kedar, Tiddlekins:

    I really have no need nor care to justify myself to either of you.
    If i want criticism, all i need to do is stand in front of my wife.
    If you don't like it, don't click it.
    It's that easy.
    I wonder if you'd uphold that philosiphy if someone graffiti'd arrows and obscenities all over your house. 'I don't like it, so I'll just shut my eyes tight whenever I come home.' Seriously, don't do it.
  19. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
    Shut up and stop using arrows in new threads, assbreath.
    Hahahaha! I almost choked on my coffee reading this!

    I agree with everyone here and I brought it up previously.... stop doing the arrows, bullets or whatever else you need to draw unnecessary attention to your lame threads.
  20. #40  
    This thread cracks me up.

    dbd, have you noticed how your intransigence on this topic has caused your thread to get hijacked?

    Everyone else, have you noticed how mods are doing nothing about how threads are titled?

    Apparently, the only people who care about this are you guys. I, for one, find people who bicker over small things as if they are large things to be highly entertaining. So, please don't stop on my account. Hey maybe we should start a thread about the critical importance of the different ways to eat a grapefruit.

    Ready? Fight!

    Oh and by the way, vi rules. Emacs sucks. You heard me.
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions