Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok i finally got everything to work, i downloaded WeBOs quickinstall 2.72 and WeBOs doctor. i followed the steps to download Preware.

    1-here is my first question, on preware, the applications they have are they added to the ones that are on the stock palm pre "app catalog icon"?

    2-Also, i think i missed a couple things. i didnt do the "attempt Novacom instation step", idk what i need it for since my preware app is running on my phone .

    3-also the icon that says "device managment" on my launcher, when i tap it it cant be opened or something, is that normal?

    4-according to this link, i need to download file coaster? what for? http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps ????

    because on this link "" http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html "" it didnt say nothing about that.


    5-when WEBOS releases a system update, will it delete anything i have downloaded from preware or delete preware or im safe?
  2. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #2  
    so out of nowhere on quickinstall its now telling me "device not found"...***?
  3. #3  
    If you have Preware on your Pre now, dont worry about quick install
  4. #4  
    the only thing you should do before a system update is to remove all patches . All the apps and preware will be fine, palm doesn't do things like apple (I couldn't resist haha)
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    If you have Preware on your Pre now, dont worry about quick install
    You must be in Developer Mode before QI will recognize your Pre
  6. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    the only thing you should do before a system update is to remove all patches . All the apps and preware will be fine, palm doesn't do things like apple (I couldn't resist haha)
    whenever im on Preware, i go to installed packages, there they divide them up into categories. such as apps, linux apps and etc.

    they have a patch one, thats the category i have to delete before a system update? what about the ones that say "unknown", in there i have such as "hide nascar" etc...

    and BTW, the hide NFL and Nascar i have them on my phone but is not hiding them yet. i also have display mm/dd/yy on top left corner and i still dont see it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeboy View Post
    whenever im on Preware, i go to installed packages, there they divide them up into categories. such as apps, linux apps and etc.

    they have a patch one, thats the category i have to delete before a system update? what about the ones that say "unknown", in there i have such as "hide nascar" etc...

    and BTW, the hide NFL and Nascar i have them on my phone but is not hiding them yet. i also have display mm/dd/yy on top left corner and i still dont see it.

    yes those unknowns are also patches. A quicker way to do this is when an update is ready run the emerhency patch removal found on preware. And make sure you have restarted your phone otherwise some patxhes look like they didn't work.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
  8. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    yes those unknowns are also patches. A quicker way to do this is when an update is ready run the emerhency patch removal found on preware. And make sure you have restarted your phone otherwise some patxhes look like they didn't work.
    hmmm i went to the "patches" to look for the emergency removal and couldnt find it? where is it listed under?

    Do you happen to know why the NFL and Nascar isnt yet showing? or my virtual keyboard? i downloaded all those patches/tweaks to my phone via quick install.
  9. #9  
    I'm not positive at the moment where its listed for sure, you might have to download something called auto-patch feed or something. My pre was just exchanged today so I lost all my stuff. And you did the others through quickinstall and restarted the phone already. Not really sure about those except maybe uninstall and install them using preware. As for the keyboard it will only show when you have a cursor in a txt field and the you have to double tap the gesture area, sometimes for me anyways I had to tap it like 5 or 6 times
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
  10. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeboy View Post
    hmmm i went to the "patches" to look for the emergency removal and couldnt find it? where is it listed under?

    Do you happen to know why the NFL and Nascar isnt yet showing? or my virtual keyboard? i downloaded all those patches/tweaks to my phone via quick install.
    Available Patches > Recovery > "Emergency Patch Recovery"

    I don't know why the hide patches aren't working immediately if you installed them using QI. You would need to wait for the reset only if using Preware. Uninstall the hide patches and reinstall them again.

    I didn't think it was possible to install the virtual keyboard using QI. If you used Preware, you might need to try a little harder to bring it up. If you don't tap correctly, it sometimes doesn't respond. Also, it's slow to load, so give it a few seconds.
  11. #11  
    also reboot the PRE after you select your tweaks, etc

Posting Permissions