Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Okay... first post... and I searched the forums...

I was at the gym and was listing to a random playlist on my Pre, heard the lyric...

"Up up down down left right left right B A start
    Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart
    I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
    But you..."

From the Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You...

Does the code mean something else, like a cheat code from a video game? I can't believe I just picked this up randomnly....

Anyone Else But You

You're a part time lover and a full time friend
    The monkey on you're back is the latest trend
    But you

I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
    I kiss you all starry eyed, my body's swinging from side to side
    But you

Here is the church and here is the steeple
    We sure are cute for two ugly people
    But you

The pebbles forgive me, the trees forgive me
    So why can't, you forgive me?
    But you

I will find my nitch in your car
    With my mp3 DVD rumple-packed guitar
    But you

Du du du du du du dudu
    Du du du du du du dudu
    Du du du du du du dudu du

Up up down down left right left right B A start
    But you

You are always trying to keep it real
    I'm in love with how you feel
    But you

We both have shiny happy fits of rage
    You want more fans, I want more stage
    But you

Don Quixote was a steel driving man
    My name is Adam I'm your biggest fan
    But you

Squinched up your face and did a dance
    You shook a little turd out of the bottom of your pants
    But you

Du du du du du du dudu
    Du du du du du du dudu
    Du du du du du du dudu du
    But you
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Contra!!!
    yeah, the well known and often repeated konami contra code. I've know this code since 88 or 89. Its a cult classic!
    From a T-Shirt...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I thought everyone knew it was the "Konami Code"...
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I thought everyone knew it was the "Konami Code"...
    Some of these young punks probably dont even know what an NES is (was?) and probably got to grow up on game systems that didnt use cartridges, let alone require you to blow, insert, wiggle, remove, blow, repeat until something other than scrambled garbage came up. Today, all kids know is that you turn it on and insert disc.

If the disc doesnt work, mommy or daddy buys you another. Gag..

We had a workout built right into our game system! with enough frustration, we would actually something else... we called it playing outside. Of course that was before the days of over-the-top abduction stories on the news and was also back in the day when if a kid got out of line, someone else's parent would have to step in to straighten things out, and the lawyers didnt get involved. Today.. nooOOOOooo, smack a kid with a shovel and its "assault" this, "child abuse" that... bah. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Some of these young punks probably dont even know what an NES is (was?) and probably got to grow up on game systems that didnt use cartridges, let alone require you to blow, insert, wiggle, remove, blow, repeat until something other than scrambled garbage came up. Today, all kids know is that you turn it on and insert disc.

If the disc doesnt work, mommy or daddy buys you another. Gag..

We had a workout built right into our game system! with enough frustration, we would actually something else... we called it playing outside. Of course that was before the days of over-the-top abduction stories on the news and was also back in the day when if a kid got out of line, someone else's parent would have to step in to straighten things out, and the lawyers didnt get involved. Today.. nooOOOOooo, smack a kid with a shovel and its "assault" this, "child abuse" that... bah. /rant
    AMEN

Anyone remember Dreamcast? So ahead of its time.

And yes it was the Contra code for the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)
    mannnn i loved snes and atari !! it is soooo different now a days
    Not only does the Konami Code have it's origins in an age past but the tradition of the code has kept up over the decades. May I turn your attention to:

Konami Code Sites

By the way, it's easy to tell some of you are posers. SNES and Atari? They were decades apart and barely comparable in technology. Maybe you meant SNES and Master System or something. And no one loved the Atari, it was laced with **** like E.T and Pitfall. The only system worse than Atari may have been the CDi a decade later. Be real, maybe two of the people on this thread have ever typed the Konami code into a game console before. It's okay, I didn't get to smoke pot with Bob Marley -somethings you just miss out on. No need to pose.

Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    AMEN

Anyone remember Dreamcast? So ahead of its time.

And yes it was the Contra code for the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)
    Dreamcast was like a 30 year old man with the mind of a toddler.

Star Fox on the SNES was ahead of it's time.
    Last edited by jcettison; 10/13/2009 at 02:42 AM.
    OMG I remember playing the Sega Master System when I was little. Alex Kid and Pacman!

Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post

Star Fox on the SNES was ahead of it's time.
    Stunt Race FX on the SNES is one of my favorite games of all times as well as Top Gear and Top Gear 2. Those 3 games influenced me into motorsports.

Although Star Fox with the Super FX chip was ahead of its time it didnt reinvent gaming like the Dreamcast did.

First console with online play. Completely ahead of its time. Sole reason we have Xbox live and PSN today. Nuff' said.
    Last edited by ConeNubi701; 10/13/2009 at 03:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by papazoo View Post
    Okay... first post... and I searched the forums...

I was at the gym and was listing to a random playlist on my Pre, heard the lyric...

"Up up down down left right left right B A start
    But you..."

From the Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You...

Does the code mean something else, like a cheat code from a video game? I can't believe I just picked this up randomnly....

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Thank you for making me feel old as dirt.
    TurboGrafx-16 anyone?

Remember SplatterHouse? Great Game!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    And no one loved the Atari...
    Say that now, but back in yonder-years, it was the big dog. I mean, sure, E.T. was a horrible game, so where most games for the system, but hell, the very idea of it was amazing back then.

Though I can't disagree with the CD-i, honestly, what where they thinking with that controller? My personal favorite for badness was the Jaguar, I mean, come on, the thing had 64bits, how could it be bad?

The Dreamcast is still a personal favorite of mine, and it really was an impressive system. Hell, the system still has games coming out for it believe it or not.
    But that song itself acknowledges its a cheat

"Just because we use cheats..." gives credit to Konami.

I think Palm using konami code for the biggest secret about the Pre was genius!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    really? there are still games being made for dreamcast!? and yes.. way before its time.. vmu! it was like 2 game consoles in one.. people couldn't birdwatch your plays in nfl 2k cause you could call them from the vmu! four button press to restart the console.. it was great.. what ever happened to powerstone?
    You were all taking drugs! Intellivision ruled!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    what ever happened to powerstone?
    It found it's way to the PSP in the form of the Power Stone Collection.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The many hours I spent playing Zelda. Great game. I actually had it on my Treo 700p with the emulator.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    And thus they couldn't explain why the "select" is optional in Kontra
    Yea, not the Contra code it is Konami and actually predates Contra NES via Gradius. So as not to sound stuffy, I knew it as Contra Code for longest time until either Icons on G4 or some internet video game show pointed out its long and storied history.

And to keep in tone with the social aspect of the thread; Im pretty much an NES baby being born in 89 to parents that were in love with Super Mario Bros 3. which I held onto until I got a SNES in 94. Ah, the good old days. The N64 was the first console I ever got within months of its release, since then Ive been a Day 1 kind of guy :-D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast