Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ah those were good days. I can remember paying games like "snipe hunter" in ms-dos and duck hunt was revolutionary because it didn't use the joystick, but implemented a plastic pistol. When the N64 came out with revolutionary 3d games we had to have it. It was so huge that my grandpa had to find a Japanese version. WE even had to melt the little cartridge divots inside the console so american cartages would fit.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    did anyone else have to "blow" on the NES cartridges?? or click the door up and down like 100 times before the game would play, half the time you got a BSOD anyways... lol remembering the good ole times!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    did anyone else have to "blow" on the NES cartridges?? or click the door up and down like 100 times before the game would play, half the time you got a BSOD anyways... lol remembering the good ole times!!!!!
    Hell yes!! I had a whole blow in the cartridge, blow in the system ritual. Nothing was more frustrating than blowing into a cartridge for 10 minutes, and nothing was more satisfying than when you got it to work. Those were the days when I would start a game of Super Mario knowing I wasn't going to stop until I beat the game multiple times in a row.

...man, I feel old.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    TurboGrafx-16 anyone?

Remember SplatterHouse? Great Game!
    Bonk and Vigilante were awesome back in the day! I also liked the side scrolling Pac-man game (Pacland!!!!). It was crap, but oh so sweet...
    Last edited by TyBec; 10/15/2009 at 08:23 PM.
    Don't get me wrong i love the SNES but i was actually more of a Sega Genesis person, alot of the same blow insert blow again insert, take out shake console, blow into console and game again get frustrated, pray blow one more time if it doesn't work go do something else if it did Hallelujah. Man i miss that old thing, I was a fan of Sonic or one of the old Batman games or something called monster football, you could literally kill the other players and bribe the refs, probably my favorite game of all time, man i really miss those days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    Don't get me wrong i love the SNES but i was actually more of a Sega Genesis person, alot of the same blow insert blow again insert, take out shake console, blow into console and game again get frustrated, pray blow one more time if it doesn't work go do something else if it did Hallelujah. Man i miss that old thing, I was a fan of Sonic or one of the old Batman games or something called monster football, you could literally kill the other players and bribe the refs, probably my favorite game of all time, man i really miss those days...
    Oh yeah, I loved my Genesis! I had EVERY attachment! Sega CD, 32X, guns, fighting sticks, etc. I sold my Genesis when the PS One came out. That was a sad day, I shoulda kept the little feller around.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    Oh man, the original Nintendo was sooo much worse for having to blow on the games to get them to work. That was so frustrating. Sega Genesis was almost flawless compared to Nintendo. Both great systems for their time though. Man, I played a lot of Madden and NHL on that Sega in college.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Some of these young punks probably dont even know what an NES is (was?) and probably got to grow up on game systems that didnt use cartridges, let alone require you to blow, insert, wiggle, remove, blow, repeat until something other than scrambled garbage came up. Today, all kids know is that you turn it on and insert disc.

If the disc doesnt work, mommy or daddy buys you another. Gag..

We had a workout built right into our game system! with enough frustration, we would actually something else... we called it playing outside. Of course that was before the days of over-the-top abduction stories on the news and was also back in the day when if a kid got out of line, someone else's parent would have to step in to straighten things out, and the lawyers didnt get involved. Today.. nooOOOOooo, smack a kid with a shovel and its "assault" this, "child abuse" that... bah. /rant
    rofl oh yea.... the good old blow technique fixed every issue on the NES. crazy i little spec of dust could freeze your game!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    You were all taking drugs! Intellivision ruled!
    True on both counts!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I had pong, intelivision, and my cousin had coleco vision...

God I'm old...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    Funny thing is I still play tecmo bowl on my NES. I still have to blow on the chips...
    Motorola StarTAC-->Cassiopia E100 + Motorola i90-->Motorola i95-->Blackberry 7520-->Palm Treo 650-->HTC 6700(Apache)--> HTC 6800(Mogul)-->HTC 6850 (Touch Pro)-->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papazoo View Post
    Okay... first post... and I searched the forums...

I was at the gym and was listing to a random playlist on my Pre, heard the lyric...

"Up up down down left right left right B A start
    Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart
    I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
    But you..."

From the Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You...

Does the code mean something else, like a cheat code from a video game? I can't believe I just picked this up randomnly....

Sorry to resurrect a 2 month old thread but, I just wanted to say that I finally got around to pulling up YouTube and finding this song.

To the OP...you owe me 2 minutes and 55 seconds of my life back!

Holy Cow...what an awful, awful song! I can certainly understand why this is an "unsigned" band. Wow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12