Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    this sucks, I guess cuz I use my touchstone so much I have a dim outline of the lock symbol
    try running the flash light app for an hour it might help.
    Google lcd monitor burn-in....

LCD Image Persistence

Remove LCD image burn-in - Monitors - Lifehacker

It's likely not permanent. Burn-in is really only an issue with CRT monitors.
    Thought it was near impossible with all the thin sheets that make up an LCD screen. yet...... picture please.
    I agree....post a pic for our own morbid curiosity. I to have never actually seen "burn in" on a LCD.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    alright ill be uploading a video cuz i cant find my camera in about 10 mins
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    hmmmmm you can barely see it in this video, its alot worse than it looks

Well you certainly have something going on there. I usually leave my Pre on the TS all day and night when not home or at my desk. So far I don't have this issue. How long have you had it?

It would be interesting to hear what a Sprint store would have to say about it. Actually I take that back, those teenagers will be clueless, as usual.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Well you certainly have something going on there. I usually leave my Pre on the TS all day and night when not home or at my desk. So far I don't have this issue. How long have you had it?

It would be interesting to hear what a Sprint store would have to say about it. Actually I take that back, those teenagers will be clueless, as usual.
    ive had it since about two weeks after launch. the sprint store would probably call it nothing
    watch a few videos... a friend of mind had a background 'burn' into his brand new desktop LCD's. It was his secondary screen that suffered the most. Assuming it (the image of his '66 mustang) was permanent, the shadow just ignored. However, after we began to use that screen to watch movies on (his other screen would blur pretty bad) we noticed that it 'healed'. After that it was a matter of putting the screens to sleep more often, and rotating background images more frequently.
    Not a bad video. Can't understand it unless you have the lock show almost 24/7. I would then also try the flash light and keep it on for until yo get tired. See there are little ( for simplicity) dots that open and close. When open they let the light from the back shine through. What may have happened it the light coming through where the "lock" displays may have heated one of the upper layers (there are several, kind of like sheets of plastic) and warped it sort of speak. If you can open all the dots ( using flashlight) you may be able to flatten the one layer back out.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    downloading the flashlight app and am going to let it run for a while tonight
    weird i use the touchstone all the time and havent had any issue hmm
    I simply turn off the screen when its on the touchstone. Never have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    It's likely not permanent. Burn-in is really only an issue with CRT monitors.
    Don't forget OLED screens! Its crazy bad with those.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    I simply turn off the screen when its on the touchstone. Never have a problem.
    How do you simply turn off the screen? Mine always displays the time and lock symbol while on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Put some videos on your Pre... let one run a few times. Should exercise the lcd pixels and possibly get rid of the 'burn in'....