1.    #1  
    radioreference.com has live feeds for police scanners across the US. I need someone smart enough to get this to work on the Pre, Another site I need to listen to is AM1500 KSTP from Minneapolis, MN. They use flash on their site to listen live to their station so I cannot bring it up from the web browser. In the olden days with my Treo 755, Kinoma would have the entire us radio station list that you could connect to and listen live. Also, you could enter the the stream url and it would work. I hate it when technology has to step backwards. Please help...
    I use "iscanner.mobi/#_home" ....works great.....
    stop dealing drugs ?
    this would be pretty cool..anyone else have any info on how to get this to work on the pre?
    I got this to work on my pre!

Heres how I did it:
    Jefferson County, Kentucky (KY) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com
    Where it says listen, I chose Windows Media Player as the selection and the listen link will change to a .m3u file. You can open up this file in notepad and it contains a link:
    http://audio4.radioreference.com:80/639094545

That link right there works just fine on the pre.

Unfortunately, I had to use a PC in able to get the link that is compatible with the Pre, but I just have it bookmarked now.

Thats good enough for me as there is only a few streams I have interest in anyways.
  6.    #6  
    How do you open the audio file with notepad, when I click on it it opens my windows media player and starts playing.
    you will need adobe flash player to beable to
    listen to live feeds from radio reference so stand by. Palm is testing the adobe software before the release it to us
    robertson40
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    I got this to work on my pre!

Heres how I did it:
    Jefferson County, Kentucky (KY) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com
    Where it says listen, I chose Windows Media Player as the selection and the listen link will change to a .m3u file. You can open up this file in notepad and it contains a link:
    http://audio4.radioreference.com:80/639094545

That link right there works just fine on the pre.

Unfortunately, I had to use a PC in able to get the link that is compatible with the Pre, but I just have it bookmarked now.

Thats good enough for me as there is only a few streams I have interest in anyways.
    Tried what you said. Cant get the files to stream. Keeps saying there was an Error playing the file when i try to stream it.

Any ideas?
    have you tried. m.radioreference.com I get list of all the states with live feeds and can drill down to the counties and then cities. Not sure which one you need but it might be in there.
    Theres a few different counties im interested in listening to. I tried what you suggested mamouton and it took me to the same url in the music player that the notepad trick gave me. http://relay.radioreference.com:80/904928788

It keeps giving me an error. The feed works on my computer though (connected via wifi). I've tried it over wifi and cell signal on my phone (both are good quality). I tried another county as well and it wont work either.

I do have the web browser multi mod patch installed. Could that be the culprit?

Edit: Removed the patch... believe that was the problem. Got it working now. Anyone know of any browser patches that wont interfere with streaming?

Edit2: Scratch that. Upon switching counties, again the streaming doesnt want to work. And when i go back to the one that was working, it Errors on me again. I think it has to do with the website being finicky, at least for the counties in Ky i want to listen to, and not the patches.
    Last edited by Goofy Footr; 07/18/2010 at 12:05 AM.