1.    #1  
    I want to extract and copy the 31 png files from the calendar folder.
    I know where the file is, I know it can be done through rooting.

Can someone give exact instructions please. I have all the sdk, novacom, stuff. I know how to start at the command line so take me from there
    Cant you just plug it into your pc and use it as usb and all the folders pop up?
    you use WinSCP....search for it....it is also an easy way to back up folders of your pre. What i usually do after an update to the phone is to use WinSCP to copy all the major folders of my pre to my desktop, just in case i mess something up later on.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Cant you just plug it into your pc and use it as usb and all the folders pop up?
    Its not on the usb portion of the phone its here.....

"/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher/"
  5.    #5  
    ok I'm downloading winscp, any helpful instructions to set up a connection
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Its not on the usb portion of the phone its here.....

"/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher/"
    Use WebOSQuickInstall, and there's an option for "Receive File". You then put in the filename and path, and you can get the file from your phone.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    ok I'm downloading winscp, any helpful instructions to set up a connection
    just follow the instructions on how to set it up...Just remember that you will need Putty (assuming you are on windows) or any other means of gaining "root" access to your phone in order for it to work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Use WebOSQuickInstall, and there's an option for "Receive File". You then put in the filename and path, and you can get the file from your phone.
    Tryed that, every file I try to copy it to on my comp says access denied....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    just follow the instructions on how to set it up...Just remember that you will need Putty (assuming you are on windows) or any other means of gaining "root" access to your phone in order for it to work.
    I truly admit I'm lost! I remember something mentioned about the putty thing after seeing the root@castle thing but, soon after webos /I did all the patches I was trying to gain root access to change. So if you could give somemore detailed instructions that would be great...

I'm assuming through winscp I'm setting up an ssh connection? If so do I need any of the programs on preware that deal with ssh and shell stuff?

did I mention I'm a serious noob!
    I truly admit I'm lost! I remember something mentioned about the putty thing after seeing the root@castle thing but, soon after webos /I did all the patches I was trying to gain root access to change. So if you could give somemore detailed instructions that would be great...

I'm assuming through winscp I'm setting up an ssh connection? If so do I need any of the programs on preware that deal with ssh and shell stuff?

did I mention I'm a serious noob!
    Here is a step-by-step guide:

The website to go to for getting the commands is:Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals