View Poll Results: Does your PRE freeze when you install Apps?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 86.57%
  • No

9 13.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I noticed that my Pre locks up for a minute or two everytime I install an app either from Eclipse (when I am developing) or when I install an app through the real App Catalog. Oddly enough, Preware give me an instant painless install.

UPDATE

Answer to this issue can be found at http://www.rwhitby.net/blog/webos-in...ll-limits.html
    Last edited by adma84; 10/12/2009 at 06:10 AM.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    I had that last night
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    yes me too
    Me 3 LOL..
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I think it started with 1.2.0, but I am not sure. It's kind of frustrating...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Me too? Can it be a tweak? Because my email had a 5-10sec lag until I removed the auto dictionary tweak then it went back to normal.
    Some are saying its the package manger service (which is used for preware) going to uninstall & test it now and see if it is true.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1967604
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    maybe! I def have mine very patched. Will have to check that later
    It Works!
    -I tested it by removing all tweaks i had first to see if that was the cause i got the same effect freezing.
    -Then i removed package manger service & preware and that seems to be it because now i get no major freeze at all.

This is great/bad news. Great because i was able to stop the freezing. Bad because i love preware so much i will make sure to report to the guys in the preware thread.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Some are saying its the package manger service (which is used for preware) going to uninstall & test it now and see if it is
    it will suck if this is true. Will be important to let the webos internals team know if this is the case
    Last edited by adma84; 10/11/2009 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    it will suck if this is true. Will be important to let the webos internals team know if this is the case
    Yeah i know i just posted it on the preware thread is there any where else i should notify them?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Yeah i know i just posted it on the preware thread is there any where else i should notify them?
    my battery life has been miserable since I started patching as well. Later I will remove all patches with preware and reinstall with WOSQI to see if I get an improvement.

you could pm some of the internals team...but I would wait a few hours to see if they respond. They are pretty diligent in checking the thread
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Some are saying its the package manger service (which is used for preware) going to uninstall & test it now and see if it is true.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1967604
    yup it worked, thanks. So I guess I'll be using woqi for my tweaks and patches and file coaster for my app.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredox19 View Post
    yup it worked, thanks. So I guess I'll be using woqi for my tweaks and patches and file coaster for my app.
    Remeber the new way of getting tweaks use package manager service so the same thing will happen with quick install.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    can you tell if ur battery life is better yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    can you tell if ur battery life is better yet?
    My battery life has always been the same with or without the patches. I only use prob 6 of the patches anyway with no battery affect.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I was wondering if the package service was bringing down batt life. FYI, removing the package manager service fixed my development load times. My package loads instantaneously now
    Rwhitby is helping me trying to figure out the problem. If anyone knows how to do Linux command line on the Pre please go to the preware thread and help out. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    simple instructions to access linux (also known as Rooting [incorrectly, I might add])

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

I will not have a chance to do that this week!
    You don't need to uninstall anything; just disable each feed manually in Preware before your App Catalog session, and enable the feeds again after you install whatever you're installing from App Catalog.

See rwhitby.net : The Definitive Analysis of Palm Pre App Install Limits and the Palm App Catalog Hanging for details. {Jonathan}
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast