1.    #1  
    HELP! I just got my pre today and love it....aside from the fact that I can't get Preware working! I have the latest Java (Mac version) and installed Quick Install, and everything goes fine. Plug in my phone....set it to "just charge" but then when i click on the harddrive it says "Please plug in device and hit okay" So I do that and it says "Error: No Device Detected." BUT my phone is plugged in!!!!!! HELP !
  2.    #2  
    Really? Nothing?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hi There. Make sure your USB cable is plugged into a fast USB (2.0) port.
    The same thing happened to me my first time!
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Well it's plugged into the usb port that it fits in haha.
    Is there a fast and "non" fast one?
    The thing is I know that the USB works because I'm able to use my phone as a USB device, and it charges and everything. I've tried both of my ports..... no workie!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Another thought.... have you enabled developer mode?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1777656

I tried that with my phone and it ended up working. That reminds me! I need to turn it off!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GraffitiSky View Post
    HELP! I just got my pre today and love it....aside from the fact that I can't get Preware working! I have the latest Java (Mac version) and installed Quick Install, and everything goes fine. Plug in my phone....set it to "just charge" but then when i click on the harddrive it says "Please plug in device and hit okay" So I do that and it says "Error: No Device Detected." BUT my phone is plugged in!!!!!! HELP !
    GraffitiSky,

See this thread for detailed info that may be helpful (especially post #3) regarding webOS Quick Install problems.

Regarding Preware, take a look here.

Hope this helps.
  7.    #7  
    I did everything that it said to do

not a damn thing !!!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just tried to get back into WOSQI and got the same error. I went to turn developer mode back on and restarted the phone. It was still plugged into the PC. When the phone started booting up, my computer gave me the "something connected sound". A message came up saying "found new hardware". I dismissed it. Went back to Quick Install and it could then read my device.

So, maybe you need to restart your phone while it's connected to the computer. ?

I'll also take a look at the thread as suggested by gc916.
  9.    #9  
    AH! IT WORKED!
    Thank you so much but where the hell is Preware?!?!?!?! It's not on the list!!!!!! haha
  10.    #10  
    Ok new problem
    I'm trying to connect and the only way that Webos acknowledges my pre is if the Device Manager is OFF. and when i reset it and turn it ON it doesn't work!!!! ***!?!?!?! Can someone just come over and fix this. lol
    I was having a no device connected issue as well, but I finally resolved the issue. All I did was download and install the SDK. Then all of a sudden quickinstall could recognize my device. Not sure how or why, but maybe it will work for you. Good Luck
    ok i'm having the same issue. where do i find the sdk file? lol