1.    #1  
    I recently ran into an issue (the "few" their are) with the web browser. Attempting to check my bank account online via the phone, I ran into an issue logging in stating that the web browser I'm using is older and they suggest updating to IE with 128-bit encryption...

Now has there been any consideration to porting say Firefox? Chrome? What reason would you not want to? (Firefox tabbing with gestures!)
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Oh you bet Firefox has its eye on the Pre.. They're even working on a Windows Mobile version of Firefox- I bet Firebox would be a lot easier to port to a Linux device than WinMobile.
    I, too, Have had issues getting to my bank's online system. I know I'm typing in the correct information but it just refreshes the login page and tells me to put in my username/password.

I still don't know if this is an issue since the 1.2 update or if my bank did an update to their system at a similar time but it sucks that I can't look at that stuff on my phone when I need to.

I have been able to log in to this particular system on several occasions before updating to 1.2 though.

Just wish I could get that back, It's been such a useful thing when I need to make a quick decision on what to do for dinner.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveak View Post
    I recently ran into an issue (the "few" their are) with the web browser. Attempting to check my bank account online via the phone, I ran into an issue logging in stating that the web browser I'm using is older and they suggest updating to IE with 128-bit encryption...

Now has there been any consideration to porting say Firefox? Chrome? What reason would you not want to? (Firefox tabbing with gestures!)
    That's not an issue with the Pre web browser -- its an issue with your bank's website. You need something to spoof the user agent of the Pre browser so your bank doesn't reject it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    That's not an issue with the Pre web browser -- its an issue with your bank's website. You need something to spoof the user agent of the Pre browser so your bank doesn't reject it.
    I knew that, but its probably much simpler (for everyone else as well) for a developer to just port Firefox (known as Fennec) to WebOS

If you have an idea of how to spoof my browser info from the Pre then feel free to share that information.