Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Every few days or so my phone keeps telling me that an update is ready to be installed. Every Time, it is update 1.2.1. When I check my phone information it is clearly stating that 1.2.1 is installed.

I'm not quite sure why this is happening or how to fix this.

I originally thought it was because I Kept removing the nascar application, but this last time I left it alone, and the update is still popping up.

The only thing I can think of is that I have patches installed via quilt, not preware, and somehow 1.2.1 is checking for these patches??? (I prefer installing/removing them this way as it is very easy to remove all and apply all, which comes in handy for when a "real" webos update is ready.) I will change my ways if someone can confirm that this is the problem.

I would very much appreciate it if someone would let me know if they are having the same problem, or even a solution to it.

Thanks
    Searchy McSearcherson to the rescue!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-updating.html
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    wow searchy you are great. I must first bring myself to look past the insane amount of sarcasm, and thank you.

However, I feel compelled to defend myself and tell you that I did in fact search the forums before I started this new thread. I must have been searching the wrong keyword(s). I even searched for "update 1.2.1" with no success. After that I even tried the old-fashioned manual search. When I did not find the answer, I started a thread.

Before I hear a rebuttle regarding my searching abilities, I must tell you that not finding a topic that already had a thread regarding it has never happened to me before! Not to mention the fact that this is my first thread in the forum.

Until now, It was kind of nice thinking that; Hey, I finally get to start a thread! I might get to start a thread that might not only help myself out but others as well.

But alas Searchy, My hopes and dreams of doing so has been crushed, due to your exemplary forum searching abilities!
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrunr05 View Post
    wow searchy you are great. I must first bring myself to look past the insane amount of sarcasm, and thank you.

However, I feel compelled to defend myself and tell you that I did in fact search the forums before I started this new thread. I must have been searching the wrong keyword(s). I even searched for "update 1.2.1" with no success. After that I even tried the old-fashioned manual search. When I did not find the answer, I started a thread.

Before I hear a rebuttle regarding my searching abilities, I must tell you that not finding a topic that already had a thread regarding it has never happened to me before! Not to mention the fact that this is my first thread in the forum.

Until now, It was kind of nice thinking that; Hey, I finally get to start a thread! I might get to start a thread that might not only help myself out but others as well.

But alas Searchy, My hopes and dreams of doing so has been crushed, due to your exemplary forum searching abilities!
    You put a lot of effort into that...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    not really, took about 2 minutes
    Yes, it's true, I'm 20 kinds of fantastic. Sarcasm and searching topping that list. Both can bring joy and fun. Seach keywords can be a bit choosy at times but I'm just happy you gave it a try first, so many don't bother and just want a hand out. Glad to point you in the right direction...that's what the forums are for.

Quote Originally Posted by ccrunr05 View Post