Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Just curious how people are organizing apps? I have 4 pages: 1 for games, 1 for apps, 1 for utilities and one blank that I'm not sure what to do with yet, maybe media/music/videos? Looking for ideas
    I have 5. First is Messaging/Photos/Camera/Music/Vidoes/Maps/Tasks Memos. Second is Apps, third is what was normally on the stock page 2. For page 4, I have Web and all my favorite pages. Last is utilities. Overall, this setup works for me.
    I have 5:

1. Most used apps
    2. Internet shortcuts and net-related apps (Fandango, bWeather, Netflix, etc.)
    3. Multimedia / photo apps
    4. Other, more seldom-used apps
    5. Stuff I never look at

So basically, I just flip between the first 3 tabs, or use Universal Search.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I got five... 1st page is all the default icons that go with my theme. 2nd is all the app catalog apps I use the most and preware ..3rd is all the homebrew apps and web pages...4th is stock apps and app catlog apps I barely use but might need.. And the last page I didn't change but added mytether
    Page 1 Ouick Launch contacts (AWESOME APP!)
    page 2 Most used apps (camera,photos,BoA,Google maps,Web,Pandora,Calc,Accu weather)
    page 3 Home Brew apps and games (show off apps)
    page 4 Lesser used apps,stock apps (Nascar,Sprint TV etc...
    Page 5 Utilities page

I have the Star Trek theme right now and just got the 2600 battery. It's a little bigger, but it is nice to not worry about having enough charge when I need it.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Love mine...

1. Quick Launch Apps - Calendar, Camera, Photos, Facebook, Twitter
    2. Homebrew/Games - Loaders and Apps
    3. "Guys Stuff" - NFL Mobile, Fantasy football, FML, Pin Finder, Beertology
    4. Media - Youtube, Shoutcast, Pandora, Podder, Mediafly
    5. System Utilities
    What about a designated page for frequent contacts?
    I have my page 2 of 5 for the 10 or so people I frequently call, or text, or email. Launch Point app is awesome for that..

1. Frequent apps, camera, photos, music, device info, preware, etc
    2. people I call, email, or text frequently
    3. system utilities
    4. games
    5. everythign else, or stuff I dont look at often
    Forgive me if I seem lazy. I just installed Preware and patches I thought I would like. I have the patch to modify launcher. I do see where you can add a page, but how do you reorg the icons/apps? Also, do you need a patch to modify the quick launch button? Can I change these and add 1 to make 5?
    I've stayed with the stock 3, but have 4x4 icons. Since the left most page is where installs go, that is my less used program and temporary testing installs. The center page is my main programs: Email, Messaging, Tweed, DrPodder, etc.

I reserve the right most card for "system utilities": App Catalog, File Coaster, Brightness Unlinked, Updates, and all Palm Installed system utilites.

The only card that scrolls vertically is the left most.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    Forgive me if I seem lazy. I just installed Preware and patches I thought I would like. I have the patch to modify launcher. I do see where you can add a page, but how do you reorg the icons/apps? Also, do you need a patch to modify the quick launch button? Can I change these and add 1 to make 5?
    Kindly Leave...

But seriousely, the search is your friend. You are lucky it is friday and I just ate a breakfast burrito.

Click and hold the app icon until it lights up. Then you can move it wherever you want.

Launcher icon can be changed by moving an alternative .png icon (84x84) to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher using the WebOSQI "send file" option.
    Thanks, and I hope that b'fast burrito was tasty!
    I have four:

1. for games
    2. internet based apps
    3. Non internet based apps.
    4. System apps/apps i don't use. The apps I don't use are at the bottom, so i never use them. Oh this is were preware and the app catalog are too.
    I have 5.
    1- Empty, is where new apps go in before getting organized.
    2- Games.
    3- Frequently used and PIM apps.
    4- Useful apps.
    5- Settings, Sprint stuff, Preware, etc.

I usually keep the launcher in the center page 3. And turn left or right depending on what I want. That way I have to flip the pages the least. I also use the 5x4 patch.

Utility apps: Shopping List, Calendar, Calc, drug reference, Timepiece, etc. etc.
    Multimedia apps: Accuradio, Net2Streams, Pandora, Music Remix, Slipslide, etc. etc.
    Networking apps: MyTether, Fandango, OpenTable, Facebook, Web, Navigation, etc.
    Games
    LaunchPoint contacts: frequently dialed contacts, with photos so I can call or txt easily
    System apps, and stuff I don't want to look at.
    I have 5.
    1. Most used and useful apps. From Emil, Agenda, Task, FlashCards, Checkbook, etc, stuff I use at least weekly.
    2. Is games and Entertainment apps.
    3. Random less used apps.
    4. System utilities I use often like Preware, Updates, Reset button, etc.
    5 The rest of the utilities and apps I rarely or never use.

I still find myself using the universal search as often it is quicker, but it requires I pull the keyboard down.
    1 for apps used most often
    2 internet web pages i have added to launcher and made icons for
    3 assorted apps
    4 apps used less often
    5 system apps and utilities
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 10/18/2009 at 08:08 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->