Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Did a "removal" of the Original Blue Theme to get the updated version of the Original Blue Theme... upon luna restart, I lost my battery percent & icon as well, even though PreWare still says it's there.

When I tried to re-install the Original Blue Theme I get the message "Theme Probably Installed", but it isn't.

And now when I try to remove the Battery Icon & Percent patch to re-install it, it says it can't uninstall.

Weird. Anyone had a similar situation? If so, any help is appreciated.

Bob

PS: Using PreWare for install and un-installs

Update:

Well, crap...

Upon further inspection and a reboot:

1. I've lost my Add/Delete Launcher pages and it reverted back to 3 pages and jumbled up all my neatly organized icons.
    2. Phone in continuously going into "phone offline" mode about every 3 minutes.
    3. PreWare won't load up now due to the message: "The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, then perhaps you should try rebooting your phone."

Hmmmm... I don't really want to run the Doctor and start from scratch... so I'm wide open to ideas.

Thanks,

Bob
    Last edited by bmoyer1; 10/08/2009 at 02:32 PM.
    Sorry to say it, but seeing the Doc is probably the best bet. If you are having tweaks dying on you and your Pre is going into offline mode, there are very few options.

One thing you could try is using WebOs quick install to remove Preware and then load Preware and the Package Manager Service, then try to remove tweaks and themes.

With the battery meter thing, from what I can tell, if the theme overwrites the image for the battery meter you will not be able to remove the battery tweak.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    You are probably right about the Doc... I just found out that when I select my e-mail it takes me to the "Add An Account" screen instead of my 5 email accounts. Funny thing is.. I'm getting email alerts at the bottom, but when I try to select them nothing happens.

Update... just found out the SMS messaging isn't working either. The "Chat bubble" button just highlights and hangs.

Not a good day...
    Last edited by bmoyer1; 10/08/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well...

3 hours later: WebOS Doctor completed, WebOS QuickInstall re-installed, PreWare re-installed, multiple patches and apps re-installed, and I'm about 90% back to where I was.

All in all... not as bad of an experience as I thought it would be. The only negatives I see so far is that I couldn't save all my bookmarks, and for some reason my back-up profile is only giving me back about 50% of my contact list.

Still... the phone is running like new so I can't complain too much. I do like the fact that I can pretty much screw this phone up and still correct the issue in just a few hours. Gotta love the Pre.

Thanks for the advice pogeypetey.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoyer1 View Post
    Well...

3 hours later: WebOS Doctor completed, WebOS QuickInstall re-installed, PreWare re-installed, multiple patches and apps re-installed, and I'm about 90% back to where I was.

All in all... not as bad of an experience as I thought it would be. The only negatives I see so far is that I couldn't save all my bookmarks, and for some reason my back-up profile is only giving me back about 50% of my contact list.

Still... the phone is running like new so I can't complain too much. I do like the fact that I can pretty much screw this phone up and still correct the issue in just a few hours. Gotta love the Pre.

Thanks for the advice pogeypetey.

Bob
    Sorry to hear that. i lost all my contacts too.. Palm promised they could retrive my data. Got a call today from a higher level tech and he told me it was not gonna happen.
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol