1.    #1  
    I have a site that I like to visit daily. It is affiliated with foxsports. However foxsports is part of MSN and only renders a mobile version of the site and will not let me see the normal page.

Has anyone figured out a way to spoof the website into thinking I am running a regular browser yet? I am trying out the Pre for 30 days and this is one of my daily routines that I am hoping to continue from the Pre if I keep it.

The site is Ben Maller's rumors and notes - Rumors News - FOX Sports on MSN
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Sorry, I just tried playing with the site to no avail. I was able to find the link in a google search but got the 404 error when I clicked on it.

I also tried clicking on the "Desktop" link on the mobile site and wasn't able to display the regular page. It just keeps kicking me back to the mobile site. I'm assuming that means the site can't support display on the Pre, something they're going to have to fix. In contrast, the ESPN site displays perfectly if you choose the espn.com link at the bottom of the mobile page.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I'm at work right now otherwise I'd look into this more, but a good starting point would be the "iPhone user agent spoof" tweak available in WebOS Quick Install. If you can find the file related to that tweak (or code here in the forums), it'll probably show you precisely where to go to change your user agent string. Change it to match that of your desktop computer and you'll not be subject to automatic mobile site redirection, although this could cause you some headaches when visiting other sites.
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    In Firefox I spoofed my user agent to iPhone and it displayed the full version of the site. When spoofing as the Pre in Firefox I get the 404 error jstew10 describes.

My advice: use the webOS Quick Install iPhone user agent tweak and I think it will work.

I don't think there is any need to adjust the tweak like nullity suggests.
    Try http:/extreme.mobile.msn.com/sports
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joelshooty View Post
    In Firefox I spoofed my user agent to iPhone and it displayed the full version of the site. When spoofing as the Pre in Firefox I get the 404 error jstew10 describes.

My advice: use the webOS Quick Install iPhone user agent tweak and I think it will work.

I don't think there is any need to adjust the tweak like nullity suggests.
    I thought that tweak was to make it render like mobile sites on the iPhone. I am trying to make msn sites render as full sites.

Quote Originally Posted by BizM3 View Post
    Try http:/extreme.mobile.msn.com/sports
    I think that is the same site it goes to already.