Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi palm pre community!!

Soo ive been trying so hard to get on these forums and now its finially working.

So here's the problem, i have been trying to d/l themes to my phone, and i understand that i need to get the webOS quick installer up and running, no problem!

But heres where ***** gets weird. I click the themer button and its cannot find my palm ( yes my usb cord is connect and its on "just charge") I looked around the forums and it said to try and click "options" and the "attempt to reinstall Novacom" button. When i do this it starts to d/l then my computer just shuts off. It has done this every time and idk whats to do, i just want to put apps on my pre and along with some nice themes!!

Any suggestions!!!???
    the novacom service should be running to detect your device... and dev mod should be enable on your pre!

Konami code:

upupdowndowleftrightleftrightbastart
  3.    #3  
    this i know and this is all done on my pre, dev mode is on and i go to the quick installer and it will not find my pre. So i try the reinstaller for novacom and my computer restarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbagherian View Post
    the novacom service should be running to detect your device... and dev mod should be enable on your pre!

Konami code:

upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    I fixed the typo for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danpbls View Post
    this i know and this is all done on my pre, dev mode is on and i go to the quick installer and it will not find my pre. So i try the reinstaller for novacom and my computer restarts.
    try this:

plug-in your pre go to services.msc restart the service Palm Novacom and then open quick install....
  6.    #6  
    services.msc is what exactly? :/
    services.msc is what exactly? :/
    Start menu - Run - services.msc

its windows service management console.
  8.    #8  
    Gotchya,,

the main thins is i dont think i have the novacom application on my pc because when try to d/l my computer restarts even in the webDoc tihing too

why would that be ?
  9.    #9  
    try this:

plug-in your pre go to services.msc restart the service Palm Novacom and then open quick install....

the services dosnt show any Palm Novacom in the list
    Gotchya,,

the main thins is i dont think i have the novacom application on my pc because when try to d/l my computer restarts even in the webDoc tihing too

why would that be ?
    what OS are you on?
    instead of konami code type: webos20090606 in universal search, its easier to type
  12.    #12  
    what OS are you on?

Windows XP

processor - 3500+ AMD athlon 64
    Windows XP

processor - 3500+ AMD athlon 64
    so the XP is 64 bit? and do you have the webosDr?
  14.    #14  
    yes

and yes i have webdoc
    yes

and yes i have webdoc
    Ok, you can extract the novacom 64-bit from the webdoc and install it manually by opening webdoc with winrar.. I already did that for you, here is the installation file:

h**p://www.4shared.com/file/138189113/790a20f5/NovacomInstaller_x64.html

Install it.
  16.    #16  
    ok well i d/l ur thing and opened it and it said not compatible with my processor contact vendor idk i guess i have to accept that its just not going to work...

any reason why my computer is restarting when i try to d/l novacom ?
    yes

and yes i have webdoc
    ok well i d/l ur thing and opened it and it said not compatible with my processor contact vendor idk i guess i have to accept that its just not going to work...

any reason why my computer is restarting when i try to d/l novacom ?
    your not runnin on win xp 64-bit... here is the 86 ver try this:

h**p://www.4shared.com/file/138192784/d840dc1c/NovacomInstaller_x86.html
  18.    #18  
    ya i started d/l and once again my comp0uter shuts off and restarts.. WHY!!

this is just frustrating
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I had that problem on Vista 64 bit... and I fixed it by going to File->Options "Attempt Novacom (re)installation) -Dont have the pre plugged in. After that finishes plug in the pre and that worked for me.

Konami code:

upupdowndowleftrightleftrightbastart
    FYI:

IMHO, this is an easier Konami code to remember and type (that works on the Pre):

webos20090606

(the numbers are the release date of the Pre)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast