Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    A more full featured Bible program with multiple translations, etc, like Olive Tree Bible Software.
    Simple Bible App already has multiple translations, and they're working on a "Pro" version with more features.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Here's my app idea:
    Remote Kill

Not as ominous as it sounds. Just a web-based service which would remotely lock your Pre in the event of loss or theft. Extra points for working in conjunction with "Where's My Pre", to send a GPS location, although realistically, how would you ever actually locate your Pre in the event of a theft without lots of time and effort. At the very least, just lock the thing down so they can't get all your data.

I do realize you can just lock it every time you use it. But this would be much more convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Here's my app idea:
    Remote Kill

Not as ominous as it sounds. Just a web-based service which would remotely lock your Pre in the event of loss or theft.
    I believe you can already do that at the Palm: manage my device site. It has a button that you click on if you lost your Pre. I think it's some type of remote wipe feature.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I believe you can already do that at the Palm: manage my device site. It has a button that you click on if you lost your Pre. I think it's some type of remote wipe feature.
    Oh, that's awesome Trekker, thanks a lot for the info!
    Never mind on my app suggestion then.. dang, I liked that name, too!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Now that we have a data on/off toggle, I'd like to have the option of having the email sync to be able to turn on the data, do a quick check for messages, then turn the data back off. That would make the battery last a lot longer, and still allow the regular data updates that make a smart phone great.
    Here's my app idea:
    Remote Kill

Not as ominous as it sounds. Just a web-based service which would remotely lock your Pre in the event of loss or theft. Extra points for working in conjunction with "Where's My Pre", to send a GPS location, although realistically, how would you ever actually locate your Pre in the event of a theft without lots of time and effort. At the very least, just lock the thing down so they can't get all your data.

I do realize you can just lock it every time you use it. But this would be much more convenient.

My wife lost her phone while at the bar one night and I signed up for the family locator service that they offer and it led me right to her phone.......... $5 per month and then cancel........$5 versus what it could have been isn't bad.
  7.    #27  
    Title says it all. It'd be nice to have an app that can backup contacts, calendar,etc + homebrew apps and databases/settings. Something that can be run from the Pre and backup to a folder in 'internal.' Then we can store the folder on our PC, storage card, email it (if not too large), etc etc. You get the idea. What do you guys think? I'd gladly pay $10 for an app like this, it is peace of mind and will save a TON of time after a visit from the Doc.

Originally posted here by PreGk.
  8.    #28  
    Can we get an app or an update where you can at least rotate or crop a photo? This stuff is pretty basic on most phones.

Originally posted and discussed here by alexlevy117.
    The Android phones have an app called My Tracks. It tracks your route via GPS and when you're done, you can actually view your route on Google Maps. It has additional features as well.

I go mountain biking and this would be really helpful in showing my routes, my mileage, my elevation gain and loss, etc.

I'd rather have this on my Pre than have to by a bike computer or other device.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    BART Quick Planner was the darling palm pilot application in the SF Bay Area.

This was the original PDA application embraced by BART. It's popularity spawned a similar useful schedule for Caltrain. BART discontinued the Quick Planner for the Palm OS in 2009 and nobody has created a version for WebOS, yet BART offers open format schedules so that developers (hint hint) can recreate this essential 3rd party tool to embed in the Pre (the real-time web schedule is nice, but not as dependable).
    BART - Developer App Center

Read survey results BART mobile applications:
    BART - Survey finds strong demand for BART mobile applications
    An NES or SNES emulator. I had it on my Treo a few years ago.

Little John PalmOS
    im gonna have to say volume controls for everything like music videos system volume levels. just a single app that you can slide the volume levels up and down
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hey Badkitty,

FitTrack is a homebrew app that holds promise. The developer is making progress toward the mapping function you desire. Even with the sub point 1 version, I've recorded accurate time/distance during rides and can pinpoint my location.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12