1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a music player patch or just a homebrew app that allows you to play music with gapless playback? I mean it's not terribly bad when I'm listening to music but it would be really nice if I were able to find something that does that.
    I don't, but I too want one.
    no gapless playback sucks balls when I'm listening to Steve Reich's Music For 18 Musicians.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicedog View Post
    no gapless playback sucks balls when I'm listening to Steve Reich's Music For 18 Musicians.
    ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^ Yeah, what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicedog View Post
    If you don't like gapless playback, then don't enable it whenever the feature arrives. When listening to concept albums gapless playback makes all the difference.
    i was just thinking that while listening to some pink floyd
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    If you don't like gapless playback, then don't enable it whenever the feature arrives. When listening to concept albums gapless playback makes all the difference.
    I don't think he was saying "no, gapless playback sucks," I think he was saying "[the lack of] gapless playback sucks."

I, too, am hoping for a solution in the near future, but I'm not holding my breath. The guy who developed Remix, as awesome as his work is, doesn't seem to consider it a relevant feature from what I've read. That's certainly his prerogative, but I hope he reconsiders. Lack of gapless playback is the only thing keeping me from using my Pre as an mp3 player.
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    I don't think he was saying "no, gapless playback sucks," I think he was saying "[the lack of] gapless playback sucks."

I, too, am hoping for a solution in the near future, but I'm not holding my breath. The guy who developed Remix, as awesome as his work is, doesn't seem to consider it a relevant feature from what I've read. That's certainly his prerogative, but I hope he reconsiders. Lack of gapless playback is the only thing keeping me from using my Pre as an mp3 player.
    You're referring to my response to your question in my Music Player (Remix) thread.

I never said I don't see it as a relevant feature. In fact I told you that I would investigate it. I'm very aware of how relevant a feature it is for people who listen to albums that flow from one song to another. However as I mentioned in my response, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to implement gapless playback. There's no sense in me promising a feature that I may not be able to deliver. I suspect it will be difficult based upon the audio latency that I've heard other developers complain about in their apps (mostly games).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're referring to my response to your question in my Music Player (Remix) thread.

I never said I don't see it as a relevant feature. In fact I told you that I would investigate it.
    My sincere apologies for misrepresenting you. I had not yet seen your response to my post, and was only going by what I'd read previously in the thread, where you indicated that because you typically shuffle, it wasn't something you'd given much consideration to. Clearly I did not read thoroughly enough. Again, I apologize for making assumptions and not anticipating your response. I am a bad internetter.

Thank you for your response, and for all the hard work you've put into the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    My sincere apologies for misrepresenting you. I had not yet seen your response to my post, and was only going by what I'd read previously in the thread, where you indicated that because you typically shuffle, it wasn't something you'd given much consideration to. Clearly I did not read thoroughly enough. Again, I apologize for making assumptions and not anticipating your response. I am a bad internetter.

Thank you for your response, and for all the hard work you've put into the app.
    It's no problem. I just wanted to clarify that I do understand how important it is to some of my users. But you're correct, for me personally it's not too important. But from the perspective of a developer, I realize having gapless playback would be a big selling point. So if I can do it, I will. But like I said, no guarantees!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami