1.    #1  
    So I dropped my Pre and messed up the power button and ear piece,I got the Best Buy insurance so I am going in today to have them look at it.

Do I need to remove all the tweaks/non palm programs? I know when I had my Centro and went into Sprint they always told me my problems were the third party apps, I don't want to deal with that again.

So remove it?

Keep in mind these are all Hardware issues.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    its always a good idea to remove any third party apps or tweaks. Most of the people you will deal with through the process wont have any idea if you have third party tweaks or not but you might get that one person who will say "hey...." Just run it through the Doctor before you take it in.
    No, simply no.... I wont say my affiliation with the company but your ok leave your tweaks or remove them wont matter one bit
  4.    #4  
    Is it bad that I was unwilling to give up my Pre for a week and use a temporary slider phone? I'll deal with the minor damages, until something bigger occurs.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Is it bad that I was unwilling to give up my Pre for a week and use a temporary slider phone? I'll deal with the minor damages, until something bigger occurs.
    Tell them you use exchange for work, they have to give you an exchange capable phone, which means at least a treo or centro or bb or something.

Not sure what the deal is but some people (me, wife, sister) have exchange only plans, others seem to have repair plans.