1.    #1  
    Ok so I was really happy about the new QI. I finally got a chance to install the virtual keyboard. I installed it via QI when it said i didn't have one I just clicked the download button and installed. But the keyboard never showed up on my Pre. And now the keyboard doesn't show up on QI BUT when I go to keyboard tweaks it lets me change the theme of it and everything so it has to be there somewhere right??

at this point I don't what to do I tried to install the keyboard again but it says there is a error and there is a
    mixmatched md5sums
    expectedbunch of stuff)
    calculatedbunch of different stuff)
    Removing package... .

So I don't have a keyboard on my pre and I don't know how to get the files off of my Pre.

also Im not sure how the webosdoctor works. I have alot of pictures, ringtones and preferences saved on my pre.

Please HELPPPP
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    Ok so I was really happy about the new QI. I finally got a chance to install the virtual keyboard. I installed it via QI when it said i didn't have one I just clicked the download button and installed. But the keyboard never showed up on my Pre. And now the keyboard doesn't show up on QI BUT when I go to keyboard tweaks it lets me change the theme of it and everything so it has to be there somewhere right??

at this point I don't what to do I tried to install the keyboard again but it says there is a error and there is a
    mixmatched md5sums
    expectedbunch of stuff)
    calculatedbunch of different stuff)
    Removing package... .

So I don't have a keyboard on my pre and I don't know how to get the files off of my Pre.

also Im not sure how the webosdoctor works. I have alot of pictures, ringtones and preferences saved on my pre.

Please HELPPPP
    the keyboard doesnt automatically pop up. When you're in SMS you have to double click the gesture area for it to pop up, at least it did when I had it with 1.1. Have you tried that to bring it up?
    That is still how the VK works in WebOS 1.2.

If you cant get that to work, install PreWare via QI and then install the IPKG feed, and then run the Emergency Patch Recovery app. It will say installing, then ask permission to run script. Say YES, then it will run. Finally reboot your Pre using ORANGE + SYM+ R.

This should fix your problem, then just reinstall the VK using the Preware you installed.
  4.    #4  
    I knew the double tap and I tried it. It didn't work. Then I tried the emergency patch recovery app. It said there were no patches found. After restarting my Pre the keyboard still didn't work and it still showed up in the keyboard theming section on QI also the led notifications are still present.
  5.    #5  
    Pleaseee helpp!!!!!
    hmm...

What version of WebOs and WebOS QI are you trying to run together?

Also...in WebOS QI have you installed Preware? If so do thos patches show up as installed within the Preware app? If so try deleting them there and reinstalling from within Preware.

IF NOT... then you could try running the WebOS Repair Utility which should definitely fix it. (Not sure if it works with WebOS 1.2 or 1.2.1 yet but worth a shot).

If that doesnt work...visit the Doctor...it is a nice tool and just make sure you plug in your USB into your PC and grab any pictures out of the DCIM folder and any wallpapers...then youll have to resync your music files afterwards...the doctor is really nice and everything else as far as contacts etc will sync back so.

Best I can help you with...maybe someone else knows more about the problems...but your best bet is to just use WebOS Doctor and start fresh, I have done it once and it was amazing...just backup the files I mentioned above.
  7.    #7  
    I have 1.2.1 and QI 2.72 so I don't think the Webos Repair Utility will work. And the patches don't show up in preware. Ok I think im going to run the doctor. But what about my programs will those come back or my settings or linked contacts?
    Well YES and NO

After the doctor you will have to reboot and import your contacts from the backup...easy (BUT linking does not stick from what I can tell..so youll have to relink some...I think this mainly occurs only to the contacts linking with AIM and GTALK.

All your original app catalog apps should sync back...it will not keep the data stored in them though (example: mileage monitor will not have your vehicles stored). You will have to redownload ALL homebrew apps etc. resync your music and then put your photos back on.
    I havent down this since WebOS 1.2.1 but I heard something about photo sync? not sure if it really backs up your photos so dont take a chance...pull from USB drive first.

Your settings will NOT be saved. Just FYI

So basically:

1) Pull all wallpaper and photos/files you want off the phone first.
    2) WebOS Doctor
    3) After doctor set up your palm profile info again like a new phone, then run update to get WebOS 1.2.1 updated.
    4) Put back all the files you want back on your phone
    5) Download any new app catalog apps you want etc etc
    6) Install Preware, Homebrew, etc etc
    7) reboot just for s***s and giggles
    8) Relink any contacts and set up your email and IMs
    9) Reset up your settings like brightness etc
    10) ENJOY!
  9.    #9  
    Bro your a life saver..
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    I knew the double tap and I tried it. It didn't work. Then I tried the emergency patch recovery app. It said there were no patches found. After restarting my Pre the keyboard still didn't work and it still showed up in the keyboard theming section on QI also the led notifications are still present.
    Emergency Patch Recovery will not remove the Virtual Keyboard. It is the only patch EPR will not remove. You have to remove it manually. It should be located under "Installed Packages", "Patch".
  11.    #11  
    when i plug in my phone the next button does not light up on webos doctor
    forgot...anyone, is there a certain way to plug it in for the doctor to recognize it...meaning "Just Charge" versus "USB Drive"

at work at the moment so cant help with those details at the moment. Sorry. I cant exactly remember what I did...might try rebooting the phone while it is plugged in to the USB
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    sorry im am very very much a noobie to this where do i back up contacts this is my wifes phone she will kill me if i loose her contacts....and when you talk about patches will the quick install do everything for me or what the phone has the new upgrade if someone can point me in the right way i will read up on this thanks in advance
    In the forums look up WebOS Quick Install

check for the newest one 2.7 and read there, not sure if all the tutorial stuff is there but can be found through search of WebOS Quick Install (also look for version 2.5 and 2.0.3)

Then also read up on PreWare in the forums.

All the info for setting this up is in those forums.
  15.    #15  
    it worked out great thanks again!!