1.    #1  
    Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but when I tap on the launch button and swipe up from the launcher, I'm getting the Universal Search screen. I've been using Quick Install v2.7 and added the following tweaks:

- 4x4 icons on launcher page
    - LED notification
    - Disable charging alert
    - Improved auto-correct dictionary
    - silence dial pad
    - Virtual keyboard
    - Haptic feedback with V.K.
    - Custom theme via "Prethemer"
    - Preware

I've tried removing most of what I did but haven't been able to correct the issue. Any input would be very appreciated.
    That's odd. I don't think it's an issue w/ any of the tweaks you have as I have all of them as well and I'm problem-free (knock on wood). Hopefully someone will address this for you.
    Had the same problem after the second install of 1.2; ultimately called Palm, used WebOSDoctor. But now maybe the repair utility might work (it was t available when mine borke.)
    Laissez Faire
  4.    #4  
    Currently using WebOSDoctor...sigh...
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Had the same problem after the second install of 1.2; ultimately called Palm, used WebOSDoctor. But now maybe the repair utility might work (it was t available when mine borke.)
    I would never call Palm if I were you, if I was putting patches and hacks on my phone.. Just a word of advice.. Once you start putting non-standard software on your phone, they won't help you out much. Your best bet is to get your answers here, and do as you did- use WebOSDoctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    I would never call Palm if I were you, if I was putting patches and hacks on my phone.. Just a word of advice.. Once you start putting non-standard software on your phone, they won't help you out much. Your best bet is to get your answers here, and do as you did- use WebOSDoctor.
    They actually walked me through installing and using WebOSDoctor. Never asked what I had installed. Just said that they had had some trouble.
    Laissez Faire
    Hey there, i have the same issue and don't know what to do!!! I can't get to any other icon fromt he launcher and it has my head spinning!!! Did you figure out anything????
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi there - same issue here, but this only happened when using WebOS QI 2.72. I was installing a theme while waiting on VS2010 beta 1 to install. Well, in the middle of the theme install, VS2010 rebooted my machine. So, it is important that installs from WebOS QI do not get interrupted. Only solution was to use WebOSDoctor. I am now back 100% and finally got my theme installed.

Robert
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. It somehow was the theme that did it. I couldn't get to Preware from the launcher to uninstall obviously. I had to doctor my Pre yesterday after QuickInstall couldn't delete the theme and resolve the issue.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I had a friend who just had this happen during a theme install also. In every case, it has been a different theme. I wonder how we can track this down?
    If you want a better solution, replace the global-search.css and launcher.css files located at:

Code:
    \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-applauncher\stylesheets\
    Learn to get stock files from here and also how to copy them:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Thank you for the links - however, if a theme file only contains an XML for the installer and then nothing else other than PNG and/or JPG files (no CSS files), then how are the CSS files getting messed up. I have a hunch that it is a hiccup during the install process that is causing problems, or some tweak that is interfering with the install process somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Thank you for the links - however, if a theme file only contains an XML for the installer and then nothing else other than PNG and/or JPG files (no CSS files), then how are the CSS files getting messed up. I have a hunch that it is a hiccup during the install process that is causing problems, or some tweak that is interfering with the install process somehow.
    I'm sure it is a theme. Remember that this is all user-created open source so bugs and incompatibility is going to happen.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I am a web developer by trade, and if a THEME Zip file contains nothing but .PNG files, then there is no code and thus it can not be the theme. What it maybe, is somehow the installers or a tweak that is interfering with the installers or something. But since themes are just a bunch of .PNG files and no code, it can not be the themes themselves. Besides, the reports indicate that it is happening with various themes, including the original blue theme, so it is not any one theme that has gone "bad" on us.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i just had this problem after installing a theme. i'd hit the launcher or try typing from the 'home' screen and universal search screen would pop up. whatever i would type wouldnt show up in the find bar, it would just sit there on the universal search screen.
    i didn't want to run the doctor so I tried WebOS Quick Install > Online Repository > Emergency Patch Recovery. Luckily it fixed this issue for me.

Worth a shot if you're down to having to run WebOS Doctor as your last option.

EDIT - it reset all of my tweaks and some of the theme's color settings are still stuck on my phone but at least i have my launcher working.