Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So I just removed my hacks, planning to update to 1.2.1 and went to the update app. First couple times it wouldn't connect then finally it did, but said my phone was up to date. Tried again, and same story. So is there no update yet for Bell Mobility in Canada for some reason?

Can any other Canadians confirm this please.

any idea when the app store might be updated for pay apps with Bell as well? Mine still says 'Beta' after the 1.2 update, and there is no provision for credit card details in there yet.
    Yep...same boat!
    FT
    Hey No update - I contacted Palm support and they didn't even know the update was released in USA... (great company) I was placed on hold for a few mins and the nice mexican support lady advised me that they update is USA only... (my original question was when will it be released in Canada)

So as far as Palm knows the update dosn't exist.. and then it only exist in the USA and no ETA for Canada..

I updated to 1.2 and after opening APP store was asked to 'agree' to TOS for Palm which would allow credit card purchases... however my phone is seriously F'd recently since update...

Email problems, txt problems.. etc.. I defaulted the phone as I'm waiting for a customer service Specalist to call me back sometime this week... (another crock of $hit if you ask me, what kind of support is that??)

so hopefully have some answers then.

Quote Originally Posted by brentb View Post
    So I just removed my hacks, planning to update to 1.2.1 and went to the update app. First couple times it wouldn't connect then finally it did, but said my phone was up to date. Tried again, and same story. So is there no update yet for Bell Mobility in Canada for some reason?

Can any other Canadians confirm this please.

any idea when the app store might be updated for pay apps with Bell as well? Mine still says 'Beta' after the 1.2 update, and there is no provision for credit card details in there yet.
    Heck...I can't even get my phone to find updates. Just sits on the 'update checking' screen forever. Never completes the check. <shrug>
    Oh well...I'll wait a few more days then install. I think I'm going to try some of the homebrew apps if the app catalogue is going to be another life time or 3 before it gets apps. Especially ones that really work in Canada and USA (not just the USA).
    Interesting....why do some people call Palm about their phones?
    In Canada (Bell) we are supposed to contact the service provider, but can contact Palm on more serious issues...typically they just tell us what to tell the provider anyway.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Ok we're up to 1.2.1 now, but still no paid appstore :-(