Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have Windows 7 x64 and a while back I tried to install the homebrew applications but got stuck on the novacom linux part. Now when I plug my Pre in and set it to mediasync it prompts for that driver. Shouldn't it just work for iTunes? I updated to 1.2.1. It does not show up in iTunes.

Normally when you plug it in as mediasync it just detects and works or with x64 there is more work involved?

Thanks
    I actually had the same problem with mine and just figured it out. If you go into Control Panel>>Device Manager, you'll see that 1 or more devices have yellow triangles with exclamation points next to them. Select these devices and uninstall them one by one. Should you not be able to uninstall them, try disabling them. For some reason, the Palm Novacom device driver inhibited my Pre from syncing with iTunes.

Good luck! (Thanks are welcome!)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks. I uninstalled all of it and it still comes back with that same driver issue.

So normally in media sync it should "just work" ? I'll try some other stuff.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    i had something similar and i had to do a repair on the novacom install for win 7x64. you may need to stop it in the task mgr before you do the sync.
    or you could get hooked on bejeweled blitz and forget all together that you have a phone or a life for that matter
    Quote Originally Posted by seanism View Post
    Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    I have some thoughts. Just be aware that this falls under the heading of "educated guess" with emphasis on the word, "guess."

Anyway, when you plug your Pre into your desktop, you don't actually have to tap "Just charge." All tapping that does, is get rid of the notification on your Pre. In other words, your OS should detect the Pre as a novacom linux device the instant it's plugged in.

Selecting Media Sync or USB Drive doesn't actually turn the Pre into an ipod or USB drive (I know I'm stating the obvious here)

Instead, it sends signals over the USB to trick your desktop into thinking that the Pre was removed, and replaced with a flash drive or ipod.

If there's anything wrong with the novacom driver on your desktop, it's possible that your OS is so hung up because of a device it can't talk to plugged into the USB port, that said USB port isn't going to work until it's physically removed.

If my educated guesses are right, then there are a couple of possible solutions.

a. Completely remove the devices from your system as described above, and then completely remove novacom.

or

b. Completely remove the devices from your system as described above, and then reinstall novacom so it's working properly.