Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Better battery life. PERIOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDang View Post
    Make it an exclamation point... my vote, by a landslide, is here as well...

What's the point of being able to purchase apps (which seems like the #1 choice so far) if you don't have enough battery on the phone to run them... or download them... or even find it in the app catalog on your phone?
    What are they gonna do, send you a free bigger battery with 1.3? Lol, right.

Seriously, get over it.

You bought a thin phone, with a small battery and a nice quality screen.

The fact that it can last as long as a G1 and such [phones with the entire back as a battery] is an accomplishment in itself.

Get an extended battery or get over it.

I send 20,000 - 30,000 text messages a month, I have a Palm Pre with an extended 2800 mAh battery. Lasts all day.. allll day.. and I use my phone CONSTANTLY.

Get an extended battery. So tired of hearing about the battery.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 10/04/2009 at 02:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    1: fully customizable notifications
    2: better calendar function (i liked the old palm desktop much better, I wish they had not gone away from that)
    Palm needs to improve the core apps as much as releasing anything new. IMO they need to do the following:

1. Improve SYNERGY!! The concpet of synergy is already been incorporated by other platforms. Palm needs to improve upon on by increasing support for msn, YIM, AIM etc. I would also like to see more integration with twitter etc. It would be cool for example to see a contact's twitter status when you go to their contact. Also universal sync is imperative...not just google.
    2. OpenGL support!! I want to see more games on webos. In general palm needs to open up a lot of API's for webos, but this would be a big one
    3. Video camera. It annoys me that most dumb phones have this feature but my Pre doesn't
    4. Flash...lots of hype. Good for games
    5. OUT THE BOX DESKTOP SYNC solution for outlook and itunes. The former is more important to me than the latter. Palm should release its own desktop app to sync with iTunes like blackberry has done...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    1 speed dial similar to one that was on the instinct
    2 app space
    3 notifications/sound assignment
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    being able to toggle the camera flash on and off to use like a flashlight
    In no specific order; they are all critical issues with the Pre:

1. Universal search
    2. Fix the MANY MANY bugs still present in 1.2.1
    3. Add some reasonable notification options; this is a killer for business users
    4. Improve battery life by at least 25% - this is another killer vs. the Blackberry/business phones and will totally lock Palm out of the high end business market
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creatorbri View Post
    What is your Number One, top priority request for WebOS 1.3 -- the one thing you would tell Palm to focus on above all others if you had that power, the single feature or change you can hardly live without any longer?

For me it is undoubtedly scalable App Limits. I have 7 GB of memory available on my phone, and yet I am not allowed to install any more apps without deleting the ones I've got. I'm not about to go and pay for new apps in the store when I can't even download the free ones I want.

But I'm curious how many people feel the same, and what other features, etc you folks would choose before this one.
    There are some great points in here but has anyone addressed the fact that pre still cant capture video? Some camera enhancements would be much appreiciated and being able to set either sound vibrate or flashing led notifications would be a sweet addition as well. Need to create an app that can custom all notifications instead of having multiple doing different things (ie one for txt, one for mail, one for phone). This phone has synergy right why not have people set their own ringtone for the people that have facebook so they auto have a ringtone set depending on prefs for fb. Also an actual program by palm that lets you customn would be cool also.

thanks
    jonathan garcia aka Garsha420
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creatorbri View Post
    What is your Number One, top priority request for WebOS 1.3 -- the one thing you would tell Palm to focus on above all others if you had that power, the single feature or change you can hardly live without any longer?

For me it is undoubtedly scalable App Limits. I have 7 GB of memory available on my phone, and yet I am not allowed to install any more apps without deleting the ones I've got. I'm not about to go and pay for new apps in the store when I can't even download the free ones I want.

But I'm curious how many people feel the same, and what other features, etc you folks would choose before this one.
    My #1 is for them to get my damned calendar data back that was blown out when we downloaded 1.2.0

bj
    I gotta admit, that the very worst problem, which was the slowness of the Calendar has improved somewhat with 1.2 and 1.2.1 updates. THANK YOU Palm!

I agree with some of the other posts, for next problem to solve: A "Search" function for Calendar. And while they are at it, if "search" could include finding words in "Tasks" and "Contacts" too, all the better.

I'm just trying to get to at least the same level of business functionality I had with the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Better battery life. PERIOD.
    Battery life? Not a problem. If your battery goes low in an i-phone or many other smart phones, nothing you can do. You are back to the 20th century in a moment.
    With Palm Pre, carrying an extra battery around is not expensive, it takes virtually no space (they are thin) and it's a life saver.

In fact, the changeable battery is one of the reasons I purchased this phone - and it's proven to be a life saver on several days where I've had no easy access to power sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    What are they gonna do, send you a free bigger battery with 1.3? Lol, right.

Seriously, get over it.

You bought a thin phone, with a small battery and a nice quality screen.

The fact that it can last as long as a G1 and such [phones with the entire back as a battery] is an accomplishment in itself.

Get an extended battery or get over it.

I send 20,000 - 30,000 text messages a month, I have a Palm Pre with an extended 2800 mAh battery. Lasts all day.. allll day.. and I use my phone CONSTANTLY.

Get an extended battery. So tired of hearing about the battery.
    I think this was just rude and uncalled for. If you don't like what someones wants, guess what, nobody cares. Keep it to yourself and stop wasting screen space. These people want what THEY want YOU get it over that.
    I'd say my list would be, in order of my preference:

Show Battery Percentage
    Allows More Icons Per Row
    Add/Delete Pages in Launcher
    Call Duration in the Call Log
    Forward Text Messages
    Adding Timestamps to Messages
    Email Confirm Delete

Of course I already have all of this and more from hacking my phone, but it would be nice to see it main stream too.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    1. WiFi Proxy Support
    2. Voice Dialing
    3. Ring/Alert Profiles
    Quote Originally Posted by steelshadow View Post
    I think this was just rude and uncalled for. If you don't like what someones wants, guess what, nobody cares. Keep it to yourself and stop wasting screen space. These people want what THEY want YOU get it over that.
    Dude, oh well. Sometimes you have to be "rude."

The battery life is NOT something that can be significantly improved via patches.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Turn off the Ding Ding Charging every 5 minutes notification when the Pre reaches 100% on the Touch Stone. Palm told me that it's supposed to do that by design, so please don't make it do that. I say fix current problems before adding more problems.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    1. a REAL universal search - meaning when i type in "george", i see every email with the word george, every CALENDAR EVENT with the word "george", and every contact with the word george, etc. (just like the 700p or 650 did. talk about two steps back.....LOL)
    2. ability to copy/paste ANY TEXT.
    3. ability to forward text messages (how is that so hard to include in version 1.0??)
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Video recording and/or voice memos.
    I agree video recording is a must, period, I know it may not be as good as getting a video camcorder to do just that, but how many times do you want to carry a video camera and how many times are you gonna have a video camera with you to shoot those spur of the moment... moments....

Video recording
    Visual Voicemail
    app limit
    and get the apps go'n already....

At the moment home brew is where it's at, God Bless you guys. Web Os Internals and Preware ..... BBBBBBOOOoooooommmm HEAD SHOT!
    Here is what is important to me:

1. Text message forwarding
    2. The ability to create contact distribution lists for emailing and texting
    3. Fully customizable alerts/notifications
    4. Snappier calendar interface & overall interface
    6. Voice dialing
    6. Video recording
    7. Ability to copy/paste ANY text
    8. True Universal Search
    9. Blinking LED for missed notifications (natively)
    10. Tap on a contact's address and be given the option to get directions via Google Maps OR SprintNav
    11. Visual Voicemail
    12. Customizable Snooze settings
    Video recording...
    and that's all
    teathering
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast