Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Beating a dead horse.
    1) Visual Voicemail
    2) Voice Dial / Voice Search / Voice anything!
    3) Facebook app, not the web page, not the x.facebook crap.
    Most important for me: GOOD WORKING EAS SYNC.

No problems with calendar sync (problem with reoccuring entries) and no problems with the contact sync (I enter an address and the whole address gets pasted in the "street"-field) would be great.

And then SPEEEEED.

Oh and SmartDial.
    Quote Originally Posted by creatorbri;
    For me it is undoubtedly scalable App Limits. I have 7 GB of memory available on my phone, and yet I am not allowed to install any more apps without deleting the ones I've got. I'm not about to go and pay for new apps in the store when I can't even download the free ones I want.

APP LIMIT FIX!!!!!! %^!*@&*#@?!? even the fruit phone has no silly limits, could be a deal breaker for me if not fixed soon.
    Last edited by Daremo_23; 10/26/2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    I want everything to run faster. Native apps
    It has native apps, they're written in JavaScript. Writing them in C would fix nothing.
    My #1 issue is hardware utilization. RAM/CPU/GPU/Storage -- all have major issues.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    1. Ability to specify notification sounds (sms, email, im, etc...)
    2. Camera settings (zoom, white-balance, self timer, etc...)
    3. Video recording
    4. bluetooth FTP
    Granted, I haven't run across it yet - but just that part of what I don't understand about the App Limit craze. All told I have about a dozen apps installed on my Pre and, like I said, haven't been limited yet. I understand how stupid it is to be limited in such a way, BUT it's obviously only a problem when you have large numbers of apps on your phone and then it would come down to a matter of, do I _really_ need that Bubble Level app?

I agree that Palm screwed up and needs to fix this; I'm almost certain they're working on it. I just can't see it as the potentially game-changing disaster some people make it out to be. In my opinion, relative speed and the build quality are Pre's bigger problems right now.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    -Video recording
    -Voice commands/voice dialing
    -Visual Voicemail
    -Ability to save emails (POP3) on the phone
    -Forwarding of texts (yes, I have the patch that does that, but it's just absurd that such a simple feature isn't included in the official software -- do they do that just to annoy people or what?)
    and last but most certainly not least...
    -DITCH THE APP LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 3.1 GB of free space on my phone. I should be able to fill up every last bit of that with apps if I so chose. (I can't imagine actually doing that, but the point is I should be able to!) I have Fair Dinkum on my phone, and it's a HUGE help, but even then there's still a limit. Hopefully Palm will make getting rid of the app limit a top priority now that it's costing them money (people are going to be a whole lot less inclined to buy apps if they have to delete stuff to put them on their phone).
    Last edited by lauracf; 10/26/2009 at 07:21 PM.
    I would like the ability to have text messaging groups and the ability to forward text messages.
    I'd like to be able to send files through AIM, myself.
    I'd love to see more customisation, not just sounds but the whole desktop ie: launcher pages, separate quick launch for each page, alternate notification options. A background services program would be nice to start/stop various daemons all in one place. Is the cpu really underclocked as I've read somewhere, scaling would be great if this is the case. Bluetooth is an obvious one, as is ftp, this is a smartphone after all. Oh, mustn't forget, font sizing, landscape mode for email, and copy/cut/paste everywhere. Plus all of the above and done yesterday lol.
    I wonder what my pre will be like in 12 months time, I'm looking forward to finding out
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    maybe one more quick launch?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    **** phones for the last 4-5 years can record video. I love my Pre, but lets get going Palm!!! So many of our requests seem so small. *** are you waiting for!!!!!!! Pick up the pace and get er done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daremo_23 View Post
    APP LIMIT FIX!!!!!! %^!*@&*#@?!? even the fruit phone has no silly limits, could be a deal breaker for me if not fixed soon.
    LIMITED APP SPACE

Alright so a lot of you are complaining about the pre's app space. There is a fix for this but it requires webOS QuickInstall and preware. Just send me a message if you don't know how to set that up.

Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals

that should solve your problem.

I'm probably going to post a thread sometime here with all the fixes/solutions to problems people are having so send me a message if you need help
    Quote Originally Posted by connuh View Post
    LIMITED APP SPACE

Alright so a lot of you are complaining about the pre's app space. There is a fix for this but it requires webOS QuickInstall and preware. Just send me a message if you don't know how to set that up.

Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals

that should solve your problem.

I'm probably going to post a thread sometime here with all the fixes/solutions to problems people are having so send me a message if you need help
    its just not right that the community has to fix all the problems, what are they doing at Palm HQ then??? they cant be just sitting around checking their facebook status! they should be fixing things!

i want:
    hotmail !!!!! and msn messenger support
    vcard support
    bluetooth file transfer (i think this is already out, but not for the UK at least)
    ability to FORWARD messages
    copy and paste entire messages

and some more stuff thats not coming to mind
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'd be willing to bet we'll finally have the gpu driven gui with the pixi release. 1 all of the tech videos we see show how fast and smooth it performs. Apple got in trouble early on with false advertising.

2 The pixi reportedly has a slower cpu than the pre. The only way to maintain performance ia offloading to a gpu.

I also have a feeling we'll see battery life improve when the gpu enabled - I know this sounds counterintuitive. Drawing operations on an all purpose cpu are extremely expensive compared to a dsp designed to do nothing but.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    only pressing usability request I have..

finer control over cursor placement ie iphone magnifying glass
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post
    I'd be willing to bet we'll finally have the gpu driven gui with the pixi release. 1 all of the tech videos we see show how fast and smooth it performs. Apple got in trouble early on with false advertising.

2 The pixi reportedly has a slower cpu than the pre. The only way to maintain performance ia offloading to a gpu.
    Remember, the Pixi's CPU has to drive ~20% less pixels than the Pre's does, so a lesser powerful CPU can be as snappy.
    Video Recording or better battery life!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    1. App Limit
    2. Battery Life
    3. Video Recorder
    4. Message Forwarding (i know there is one, but it doesn't forward the entire email)
    5. Group contacts thru text!!!!!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast