Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just downloaded it. installing now. Ill post what i find is new when i know.
    Hey guys. I just got the Pre notification that WebOS 1.2.1 is ready to download. I haven't done it yet as I'm about to force a backup. I'll post back what I find. Wish me luck...
    D'oh! Goofy beat me to it by 1min. Lol. You can lock this, I'll use his also.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    yep, got it here...bout to download...wait, gonna check for the WebOS Doc
  5.    #5  
    Installed. Dont see any paid apps yet in the catalog. Although i think theres a new tab switcher at the bottom of the app. At least i havnt noticed it before.

Havnt noticed anything else different yet. i looked for an LED control in settings. Didnt find it. Ill keep messing around.

EDIT:

ok. The infos posted on the palm website. i cant post the link because i have less than 10 posts though. So someone else please do the honors.
    Last edited by Goofy Footr; 10/03/2009 at 03:30 AM. Reason: why waste another post?
    Palm's support page is not showing any notes on what's IN 1.2.1 either...so it's an Easter egg hunt!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    just downloaded and installed. Phone is rebooting.

In hindsight, backing up beforehand would have been prudent.

heh.

Changelog: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/...07_en.html#121
  8.    #8  
    No. the Info is there. It fixes Itunes sync, a security issue, and exchange problems a few people have been having. Its mostly just a small patch. Bummer.
    There's another thread bigger than this one with some more info...
    It's a pretty small update, 38 MB.
    Main updates appear to be an iTunes sync fix, and better Exchange support.

Although it's late, my update keeps getting interrupted.

Here's the changelog from Palm:

Version information

Version: webOS 1.2.1
    Release date: 2 October 2009
    New applications: NONE

Feature changes to existing applications

Email
    Resolved an issue where after installing the 1.2.0 webOS update some customers running Exchange 2007 could no longer synchronize with their Exchange account for Email, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks.

System
    Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (9.0.1).
    Media sync now synchronizes photo albums, maintaining the album structure in the Photos app.
    Media sync now allows for synchronizing photos without requiring the full-resolution originals. This provides faster display of high-quality full-screen images and enables users to store more photos on the phone.

Web
    Resolved an issue where if a user tried to play streaming music or video, the media stream might drop out or have a long delay before starting.

Security
    This release implements several security fixes, including the following:

Addresses a security issue encountered by webkit developers. This issue did not impact end users.
    Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .
    Completed update, pretty quick install. No issues.

I had one tweak left on that I forgot about (battery %, installed with QuickInstall 2.0.3)
    No issues caused by that, although the tweak is now gone.
    <Merged>
    Why would they fix the iTunes if it is just going to blocked by Apple?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    <Merged>
    Because they like to ******* in Apple's Wheaties
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    iTunes still doesn't work for me. I have iTunes 9.0.1, I put the Pre in Media mode and it doesn't appear.

*Update*
    Solved.
    Last edited by Pupator; 10/03/2009 at 09:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    <Merged>

Because it's free advertising, generates buzz, creates product awareness. Shows that a company has cajones, and some buyers like that (while others don't like the games it promotes).

Bottom line is there is tons of buzz places people actually pay attention to. Most of us tune out adds and commercials but when it's all over twitter, facebook, and in the tech podcast, in the NY Times, etc, it is hard to miss.

Oh, and the cost, probably not even close to what they spend on a single magazine ad for total man hours required to rehack iTunes.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    iTunes still doesn't work for me. I have iTunes 9.0.1, I put the Pre in Media mode and it doesn't appear.

*Update*
    Solved.
    Nevermind. Still doesn't really work for me. It worked once, but no more. Restarting the Pre and restarting the computer can sometimes make it work once again, but this is really flaky.
    Anyone try the patches that were okay'ed for 1.2.0? Kust want to make sure they'll work before I upgrade. I have a feeling they work, since the update is so small (probably just fixes iTunes, Exchange, & the other security issues).

EDIT: Answered my own question. Tried the Battery Percent & 4x4 Launcher & it still works, just for anyone else who wanted to know.
    Last edited by Veritas06; 10/03/2009 at 01:10 PM.
    led notifications still work as well...
    and im happy the itunes syncing works again finally..

i hope palm starts updating other features now
    sweet and now my camera is fuzy on my pre grrrrr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast