Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    I was just doing some housekeeping on my Pre in the Contacts.... After making a bunch of changes, I decided to be smart and force a backup...

    When I went into the Backup app, I was dismayed to find:

    "Your data is backed up automatically every day."

    "Last Backup: 9/28/09" (Today is 10/2/09).

    That was FOUR days ago!!

    Yes, auto was set to "ON."

    Anybody else notice this? Is it backing up and not reporting the date correctly, or is it truly not backing up on a daily basis now like it says?

    Any ideas??
  2. #2  
    actually after reading this i checked and my last date was 9/27/09!! thanks for pointing that out!
  3. tannyo's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #3  
    I just looked at mine and it displayed "Last Backup 9/30/09" which is the last time I did a manual backup. I'm on hold with Sprint right now. Of course they wanted me to do a Partial Erase. I told them no, that other people were having trouble with it and I was not going to go through the hell of re-setting all my preferences. The person said she would transfer me to Palm technical support. I then heard music the a fast busy. I'm in the process getting transferred again.

    The Palm technical support person just told me that the display is only for manual backups, that automatic backup time and date will not display. I think that is a design failure of the backup application.
    Last edited by tannyo; 10/02/2009 at 01:52 PM.
  4. #4  
    Same here, last backup 9/30/09 the day that I installed the update 1.2.0
  5. #5  
    09/28/2009. Any chance this could have something to do with the 1.2.0 update? Seems like this has happened all of a sudden. Thanks for pointing this out KnoxBNYC. My contacts / calendars are synced with Google, but now that Palm Backup is supposed to be backing up our bookmarks now i've been adding alot more.
  6. #6  
    Where is the backup application?
  7. #7  
    Never mind, I found it.
  8. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #8  
    A couple of days after I went to 1.2 I noticed I hadnt had a backup. So I did one manually. I checked today and I had one this morning. So check tomorrow and see if you get an auto backup.
  9. tannyo's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #9  
    The Palm technical support person just told me that the display is only for manual backups, that automatic backup time and date will not display.
  10. GoodGuyTX's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #10  
    Maybe they changed that in 1.2 but in 1.1 and prior it would say that last time it automatically backed up.

    I just happened to be looking at mine last night and it was 9/28/09 as well.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    The Palm technical support person just told me that the display is only for manual backups, that automatic backup time and date will not display.
    That would definitely be a change from 1.1. Mine would always display the auto backup time & date.
  12. Ripcode's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #12  
    Mine says:

    Last backup
    10/1/09 17:30


    I have never done a manual backup and I updated to 1.2 the same day as everyone else.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    The Palm technical support person just told me that the display is only for manual backups, that automatic backup time and date will not display.
    I do not believe that is accurate.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcode View Post
    Mine says:

    Last backup
    10/1/09 17:30


    I have never done a manual backup and I updated to 1.2 the same day as everyone else.
    That verifies that what the Palm support rep told "tannyo" was garbage. As I suspected.
  15. Ripcode's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    That verifies that what the Palm support rep told "tannyo" was garbage. As I suspected.
    Not good. We need to find out what the real deal is....
  16. tannyo's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcode View Post
    Not good. We need to find out what the real deal is....
    I just talked David from the Palm Specialist department (they escalated my call) and he told me that the Last Backup display is the last date that the Pre was backed up whether it was automatic or manual. The previous support person did not give me the correct information. David also said that Palm is aware that there is a problem with the Palm profile and some are backing up everyday, some not everyday and others not at all. Also he said that bookmarks aren't being backed up even though Palm site says that the 1.2.0 update backups bookmarks.

    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
  17. #17  
    After updating to 1.2 I bricked my phone and had to webdoctor. and after the doctor process it wudnt sync my palm profile for some reason that was 3 days ago now all of a sudden it syncs and puts all of my contacts and what not back. I had heard that the servers had crashed briefly because of the amount of ppl webdoctoring or what not. but i hope that helps. but now mine syncs and backups regularly.
  18. tannyo's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique0201 View Post
    After updating to 1.2 I bricked my phone and had to webdoctor. and after the doctor process it wudnt sync my palm profile for some reason that was 3 days ago now all of a sudden it syncs and puts all of my contacts and what not back. I had heard that the servers had crashed briefly because of the amount of ppl webdoctoring or what not. but i hope that helps. but now mine syncs and backups regularly.
    Does it backup automatically or are you doing manual backups?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    I just talked David from the Palm Specialist department (they escalated my call) and he told me that the Last Backup display is the last date that the Pre was backed up whether it was automatic or manual. The previous support person did not give me the correct information. David also said that Palm is aware that there is a problem with the Palm profile and some are backing up everyday, some not everyday and others not at all. Also he said that bookmarks aren't being backed up even though Palm site says that the 1.2.0 update backups bookmarks.

    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
    Well hell...

    That's not all together true either (re:bookmarks).

    For the hell of it, I wiped my Pre earlier today (which is why I did a manual backup beforehand and noticed it hadn't backed up in a few days)...

    When I restored, it did indeed restore my saved bookmarks.

    It's so frustrating that PALM would be giving us wrong or conflicting information. That does not bode well for them!
  20. tannyo's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Well hell...

    That's not all together true either (re:bookmarks).

    For the hell of it, I wiped my Pre earlier today (which is why I did a manual backup beforehand and noticed it hadn't backed up in a few days)...

    When I restored, it did indeed restore my saved bookmarks.

    It's so frustrating that PALM would be giving us wrong or conflicting information. That does not bode well for them!
    When you restored, did it restore your settings? When I did a partial erase in July, I did not get my settings back with the exception of Pandora. My applications came back, but I had to re-add my Google accounts.

Posting Permissions