1.    #1  
    Since back in the Hayes 300 baud smart modem days i've always been able to place a 5 second pause in my speed dial string by inserting a comma or a "p". this is useful for dialing things like my office voicemail. Please tell me that the Pre is able to execute this simplest of tasks.
    I'm lookin for this same function....PLEASE DEVELOP A PATCH OR APP...SOMETHIN!!!!
    ok I got it....its the letter....t.... each t gives 2 second pauses...so savin number in contact example (513)555-5555t2t235t2...if you need longer pauses,use two t's for 4 secs...three t's for 6 secs and so on..
    I am trying to set up a contact with a couple of pause but it wont let me place letters in the phone number any suggestions

Sample

9999999999ppp0ppp5555

so it will dial 999999999 them pause a few then dial 0 then pause a few then dial 5555

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    ok I got it....its the letter....t.... each t gives 2 second pauses...so savin number in contact example (513)555-5555t2t235t2...if you need longer pauses,use two t's for 4 secs...three t's for 6 secs and so on..
    Yep, lower-case "t" characters work fine for me (with the exception of speed dial 1 which doesn't work). A shame to have to waste another speed dial position to call for voicemail/pause/enter password automatically. Silly not to let us edit speed dial 1 IMO. (I'm on Verizon BTW).