Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've searched through a few threads and still couldn't find anything that matched up with the issue I was having (At least not with an answer).

After patching to 1.2 I started to delete some of my TXT's (By way of swipeing the convos to the left and hitting 'Delete'). The problem I've now run into is this, I can no longer see the message thread from anyone whose conversation thread I've erased. I see the notification come up, I can click it and go to the thread, and low and behold, the thread is still there... nothing was actually deleted except for the actual access through the Conversations window. So now if I close out of the message and hit 'Conversations' again, I can see some old threads as well as some new ones from ppl whom I've never attempted to delete. The only way to see the other messages is to go into 'Contacts' and click the person whos thread I want to see, and then hit the txt button, I'm then placed at the message thread screen with the entire history like nothing happened.

So how do I get them to show back up? Anyone have any ideas? Not really all that excited about doing a full restore on the phone, so lets leave that idea for last, lol
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    The only way I found out to fix that problem is to delete the contact, and re-adding the contact again.
    I don't think that's a problem with 1.2. I've read about this same behavior with 1.1 on a few threads prior to 1.2 being released (problem has something to do with synergy & the buffering). That being said, I think what doctorx stated is what I've read on how to fix this issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Ouch... hmmm... can you reload it from a backup after you've done that?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Also, it won't allow me to remove the contact since its attached to a facebook account... and I can't unlink it from the facebook account...
    Quote Originally Posted by FiXXXerX View Post
    Also, it won't allow me to remove the contact since its attached to a facebook account... and I can't unlink it from the facebook account...

Well your prob is that its linked to face-book lol i also had probs with text after 1.2 was installed mine was i would no longer get ant notifications of incoming text i had to use WebOS doctor to fix it and now my phone is bricked and sprint is sending me a new one...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem, and while I'd seen it mentioned before the upgrade, I never had it until the upgrade. And it won't let me delete the IM profile that's causing it.

Mine's actually going further now. Anytime I attempt to contact that IM name, or that IM name messages me, my phone disconnects from Sprint entirely. As this is the person I IM with the most out of anyone on my contacts list, you might imagine what an issue this is causing with my phone...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've got an update: I unlinked a couple of the profiles... closed out of contacts... went back in and then re-linked and my convos came back. Didn't actually have to delete anything to get it to work in this case, just un-link then re-link.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I figured I'd let you know what happened
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    You're doing better than me--I ended up having to do a partial erase, delete the person's IM name from my IM account, then restart in order to fix it, after trying what you did and every other form of unlinking. But at least it finally worked and she can IM me without disconnecting my phone from Sprint!
    I'm having this same issue. I am going to wipe my contacts then re-import them. I am so incredibly annoyed with the number of issues I've run into with the contacts application.

Man this really sucks. This was one thing that actually worked in 1.1

Not only does it prevent you from keeping the conversation visible, but, it doesn't even delete the conversation! I removed and re-added one of my contacts and our entire history is still there. I don't want the history! (with this particular girl.. wink)
    Last edited by henrymart81; 10/02/2009 at 09:48 AM.
    This was rumored to be fixed in 1.2, but it was not.

Palm has been aware of this for quite some time too!!!: Text Conversations disappear - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    got this too, only started after 1.2 update.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    same issue here after 1.2