Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm getting tired of people complaining how the Pre doesn't do this or that, how 1.2 (and previous updates) doesn't do this or that, how people 'expect' the Pre/updates to do this or that, and how people have the 'right' to be upset at Palm, etc. etc.

Palm never promised anyone a damn thing.

• If you wanted video recording, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you wanted text forwarding, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you wanted X bell, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you wanted Y whistle, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you don't have the patience to wait for X and Y, you should have gotten a different phone.

Sprint never promised anyone a damn thing.

If you purchased this phone and didn't realize it didn't have these features, then you didn't do your research. Your fault. You had 30 days. One whole month. Money. Back. Guarantee.

If you spent X amount of dollars for the phone, and spend Y amount of dollars on your plan, well ... you signed the contract willingly.

Palm developed this new platform from scratch in record time for the sole purpose to stay competitive for the next decade...

• Not to dominate the market.
    • Not to have THE killer phone.
    • Not to make you happy.
    • To keep their investors happy.
    • To stay in business.
    • To make a profit.
    • That's it.

If you think that Palm could have done a better job, then fill out a job application and see if they hire you. If they don't hire you it's because you don't have enough understanding of hardware and software development, more specifically in the cellular/mobile industry, which means ... you're not qualified to expect X feature in Y time-frame for the price of Z. Especially from any company that has the size and limited resources that Palm has in the current state of the industry and economy.

Is the Pre perfect? NO. That was obvious since before June 6th. Were there alternatives? YES. All of which are more mature:

So if you are upset, don't blame anyone other than yourself ... you !

And before anyone starts barking up the wrong tree, try this link. It's Palm's Feedback and Features Request page. They actually do a better job of listening to their customers in comparison to ...
    • HTC
    • Samsung
    • Motorola
    • Nokia
    • RIM
    • Apple

... all bigger, more stable and with more money than Palm.

Men have become the tools of their tools. - Henry David Thoreau
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Well written and I agree.

Most importanly those features will happen and being a former Instinct owner. I have been as happy as a puppy with 2 peckers since I baught my pre
    The "unfortunate" side effect of fan/support-type forums is that a lot of people end up at them looking for a solution to a problem/gripe with the product... in my business, and many others as well, you usually don't hear from happy customers.

take it for what it's worth.

ewwwe, WinMo.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I'm getting tired of people complaining how the Pre doesn't do this or that, how 1.2 (and previous updates) doesn't do this or that, how people 'expect' the Pre/updates to do this or that, and how people have the 'right' to be upset at Palm, etc. etc.

Palm never promised anyone a damn thing.

• If you wanted video recording, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you wanted text forwarding, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you wanted X bell, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you wanted Y whistle, you should have gotten a different phone.
    • If you don't have the patience to wait for X and Y, you should have gotten a different phone.

Sprint never promised anyone a damn thing.

If you purchased this phone and didn't realize it didn't have these features, then you didn't do your research. Your fault. You had 30 days. One whole month. Money. Back. Guarantee.

If you spent X amount of dollars for the phone, and spend Y amount of dollars on your plan, well ... you signed the contract willingly.

Palm developed this new platform from scratch in record time for the sole purpose to stay competitive for the next decade...

• Not to dominate the market.
    • Not to have THE killer phone.
    • Not to make you happy.
    • To keep their investors happy.
    • To stay in business.
    • To make a profit.
    • That's it.

If you think that Palm could have done a better job, then fill out a job application and see if they hire you. If they don't hire you it's because you don't have enough understanding of hardware and software development, more specifically in the cellular/mobile industry, which means ... you're not qualified to expect X feature in Y time-frame for the price of Z. Especially from any company that has the size and limited resources that Palm has in the current state of the industry and economy.

Is the Pre perfect? NO. That was obvious since before June 6th. Were there alternatives? YES. All of which are more mature:

So if you are upset, don't blame anyone other than yourself ... you !

And before anyone starts barking up the wrong tree, try this link. It's Palm's Feedback and Features Request page. They actually do a better job of listening to their customers in comparison to ...
    • HTC
    • Samsung
    • Motorola
    • Nokia
    • RIM
    • Apple

... all bigger, more stable and with more money than Palm.

Men have become the tools of their tools. - Henry David Thoreau
    I wonder how long it took you to write that. It doesn't matter what you say. You wasted your time for no reason. Us consumers are still going to voice our opinions on all the products we own. Shut the heck up!!!!!!!

Another thing. Aren't you whining about other people whining? Its kinda ironic, isn't it?

P.S.
    I hate stupid people!
    Last edited by corleone401; 10/01/2009 at 12:36 AM.
    I agree... You knew what you were buying when you jumped in... They didn't say rhe pre would have video, etc... Homebrew has spoiled some people in a way because they know it can be done.. Those things will come relax.. Be patient and stop crying.. They will get to it... If its that horrible then get something else. Your not being held at gunpoint..
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I totally agreed, when the first iphone came out, how many apps do they have.I don't recalled anybody whnning!!
    I just bought my Pre last week and i love it while my iphone 3G sitting on my desk being ignored.Btw, give Palm a chance,it will get better just like the iphone did (2 years ahead,remember) Palm got alot of potential on their platform.:thumbsup, Palm.
    Johnflo88.
    I wish people would stop whining about whiners

oh that might not be a great thing to post

aw heck its a forum people won't take it to heart or anything
    Pre rules! Suck it trebek!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Well said. I may have to plagiarize that.
    I'm Tired of people that complain about Whiners. The Post must not be about

u

So stay out of others peoples Cool aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by michaelrj; 10/01/2009 at 01:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    To the person who started this threado you work for Palm or something is that why you taking **** so personal? I'm going to voice my opinion if i don't like certain things about my phone. Why the Hell the you think iphone 3gs come out with video recording and other new features I'll tell you why its the same reason other phones are being remade to better phones cause of our whining. you don't think phone companies read tons of complaints of what could be done better and so forth. I love my Pre even though it lacks certain features any common phone has these days. But when I bought the phone i was under the impression from what i read that the features that i wanted were going to added through their update. I'll say this if the Pre would've came out with it's full capabilities included on the phone already palm would've had stronger sales. That's just my opinion like or not.
    if i was a holy man id say thank you jesus but im not so ill just say **** ya. thanks for you post you captured alot of my anger in a more positive light then i would have
    While I guess I understand the irony of whining about whiners...I really like the topic creator's message.

it really gets me when people bring up video recording and text forwarding and trash Palm for not putting it in 1.2. Palm NEVER promised these features to be in 1.2. It really gets me when people bring up RUMORS from the INTERNET and then try to hold them against Palm when they don't come true. So 1.2 didn't release on the day the internet said! And?

Of course, I don't think this means to be complacent. This doesn't mean to just take anything. But if you weren't willing to get in the boat with Palm, why would you even buy and keep a Pre? Why not go to some other company and some other phone if you think Palm is doing such a subpar job?
    Did Pre owners think that a new phone/os would equal a new company? I know how Palm rolls, and they suck at rolling lol. Palm will take their sweet time with the new OS, but maybe the future owners will show them how things should get done.

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Did Pre owners think that a new phone/os would equal a new company? I know how Palm rolls, and they suck at rolling lol. Palm will take their sweet time with the new OS, but maybe the future owners will show them how things should get done.
    U2 ??
    the thing is...ya, it doesnt have some features...honestly, its definately not as smooth as the iphone at this point, and there are alot of issues...i hear this all the time...but the main selling point is multitasking, and it does this well...at this point, its a bit unpolished, but webos is really cool...everyone always wants to compare what phone is the best...well, its hard, cause they are all different, and better in different ways....so just buy what you want, and if you dont like it or think android or the iphone is better in the ways you want, switch....the thing is, the pre has gotten somewhat of a bad name from people complaining so much...and that just sucks.
    Corleone401 you are an *****!!!

The OP has some fantastic points and it is very well thought out and written. You are just TOO ignorant to understand what he is saying. I agree completely with his point of view.

Furthermore what gives you the right to tell him to "Shut the heck up". He has every right to post his opinion in a public forum.

P.S.
    You said that you "hate stupid people"... Then you must really hate yourself as you fall into that category. Self righteous TOOL!!!!
    I don't think the whiners can be blamed for complaining that the Pre is not quite up to iPhone standards. Palm is the one who shot off their marketing mouth about the iPhone. They are the ones who make the comparisons in almost every commercial. Palm is the one that set up the iPhone-esque expectations. So people came aboard thinking the Pre would be an iPhone killer. Palm made its marketing bed, now it must lie in it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast