Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    So I called into Sprint support today because I rolled back to 1.1 since I couldn't get exchange to work in 1.2. I didn't have an EVDO network so I couldn't sign in to my network.

He had me press Orange + Sym + r which does the same thing as pulling the battery out he said. After doing that it came back up and had an EVDO signal!

Just thought I would let everyone know of the shortcut since I have having to pull the back off and pull out the battery.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    So I called into Sprint support today because I rolled back to 1.1 since I couldn't get exchange to work in 1.2. I didn't have an EVDO network so I couldn't sign in to my network.

He had me press Orange + Sym + r which does the same thing as pulling the battery out he said. After doing that it came back up and had an EVDO signal!

Just thought I would let everyone know of the shortcut since I have having to pull the back off and pull out the battery.
    This has been fairly well documented here....

Also, Orange + Sym + P to do a screen capture of whatever is displayed at the moment. Put the photo in a directory called Screencaptures in the root of the Pre USB drive (also a category in Photos).
    Thanks PreGame, I did not know that shortcut. Previously I would go to device info - reset options or hold down the power button and select turn off then manually turn back on, or if I had ssh access just reboot from there. This method is 100x faster. Well, except for the reboot part.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post

Pregame you are such an UBER developer around here I'm surprised you didn't aready know this! Thanks for sharing tho...

Also, Orange + Sym + P to do a screen capture of whatever is displayed at the moment. Put the photo in a directory called Screencaptures in the root of the Pre USB drive (also a category in Photos).
    THANKS!! I didn't know about that one!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The other soft reset method is to hold down the power button while quickly moving the ringer silence switch back and forth 3 times. Sometimes 1 works, sometimes the other. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    When the Pre is really really frozen (has happened to me only 3x since June), I just shut the slider really hard and it reboots. This may be a bug *errr* feature in the original Pre sold at launch.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I love this trick. been doing it since I got my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    When the Pre is really really frozen (has happened to me only 3x since June), I just shut the slider really hard and it reboots. This may be a bug *errr* feature in the original Pre sold at launch.
    This means you have one of the Pre's that came out with a hardware problem. The problem is that the battery is not seated correctly (a tad too loose). A lot of people have complained about this problem because the Pre would reboot on a "reasonable" slider close.

If you so choose, Sprint will most assuredly replace your phone if you tell them about this. It is a very well known issue. Then again, you seem to be seeing it as a "feature," which is cool too!

My Pre will not reboot on slider close regardless how hard I shut it.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I haven't turned it in because I don't want to have to reconfigure and reinstall all the homebrews. Once there is a good backup/restore program, I'm switching.
    [sarcasm]Backup/Restore? On a smartphone? Surely you jest.[/sarcasm]