Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    This is a long shot, but as of last week I was (with WebOS 1.1) and am still (with 1.2) having trouble opening email using the web portal for Groupwise. Everything was fine until last week.

What happens is that a tap (which used to open a mail item in a new window) now does nothing. And a double tap simply zooms in as it would if there were no link to follow/email to open.

Groupwise is my work email and they did recently upgrade. I have a trouble ticket into our OIT, but I have a feeling they are going to say they don't know/have the time to mess with WebOS issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have tried shift-tap and orange-tap just in case, but nothing.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Just bumping in case anyone on this a.m. might have some advice... Anyone?
    I just checked, not having problems and updated to 1.2 yesterday.

I personally got sick of trying to use the web interface and found a sort of work around until Novell comes out with their new sync agent later this year (maybe).

I downloaded the Companionlink program and only used it for the trial period, once the trial expires I found that it is still syncing but you can't change settings or reset your password, its your decision whether to spend the money on it. Anyway, I set up a dummy gmail account to sync my calendar, etc... with my Pre. Then I changed the reply to settings of the account so that email that I send from that account will get routed back to my work account. Once that was set up, I created a rule to forward all of my received messages to that same gmail account.

Just to warn you, if you do a blanket "forward all received" rule, you will get everything even if you have rules to delegate to folders. I primarily use this just to keep informed, and don't often reply from the account. It works nicely for me.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I just got this back from our Groupwise support guy:

"You are likely correct in seeing the upgrade of WebAccess coinciding with the change in your ability to see things as before.

Novell has some things on the drawing board for possible release next year that may make things more friendly for Palm, but it is really just rumor at this point. Let me ask you a question about how you use GroupWise from your Palm, is it just to check e-mail, or are you using calendar functionality as well?

If just e-mail, it may be possible to work around this by using the internal mail client as opposed to WebAccess. For calendar, I do not have any great work around. Please let me know and we can see what may be possible from there."

So, I'm guessing that the "internal mail client" he refers to here might be something like the Companionlink program you mention, beerdini.

It may be that--since our recent upgrade--we have a newer version and that is why it's not working for me (but is for you). In any case, I'll follow-up and post the results in case anyone else has this issue.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just checked my web access for Groupwise and it's working fine for me. (WebOS 1.2) I usually just pop3 my Groupwise emails for the times I'm away from a computer. I wonder why you're having that issue. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by limoman; 09/30/2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo