Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me what the ear-shaped icon is by the 3G indicator at the top right of my Pre? This didn't show up until after 1.2 was released and I cannot find a way to turn it off or what it even means.

I don't have Bluetooth enabled so it can't be an earpiece.
    I don't have TTY/TDD enabled so it can't indicate hearing impaired.

It looks like either an ear or a lightbulb missing the lower left half. I can't get a decent picture because my Blackberry sucks and my other camera isn't good for close-up pictures.

I'm sure it's something simple; I just can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!
    no one can figure it out . yet anyways.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    what was the last thing that you were doing with the phone when it came on??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what was the last thing that you were doing with the phone when it came on??
    Nothing, actually. At least nothing I can think of. I think I was playing on Preware trying to see if my Steelers theme would magically work.. since they apparently aren't! (I think they're staging a comeback or something)
  5.    #5  
    Woah! I didn't realize anyone else in Pensacola was smart enough to figure out the Pre!! :-) Nice to know I'm not the only sucker down here!
    kool and the steelers r my fav team as well ,to bad they lost again they better tighten up if they r gonna go back to the SB
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I did some searching through and the icon file is HAC.PNG. There are references in the code to 'HAC Mode', whatever that is.. Hearing Aid Compatibility? Who knows..
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I did some searching through and the icon file is HAC.PNG. There are references in the code to 'HAC Mode', whatever that is.. Hearing Aid Compatibility? Who knows..
    Hearing aid compatabiliy puts the Palm into a mode that allows it to magnetically couple with modern hearing aids so hearing impared persons can use a Palm Pre in the same manner as any other telephone.

While not all modern phones, especially the really cheap land-line style phones are hearaing aid compatible, there is an incredibly large community of hearing impared individuals who use both hearing aids and phones, including one of the primary developers of Dolby Digital and Surround Sound - now in his 80's and having lost most of his hearing late in life. He and his associates gave movie goers an incredible gift in surround sound - the ability to experience movies via the sound-track as well as watch what's on the screen.

Now, without his very tech-savey hearing aids, which shape the sonic curves of the sounds he hears so what he hears sounds very much like what he used to hear, without the abilty to ascertain whether a sound is in front or back of him becase micro-hearing aids are not yet "surround sound" capable, he can function as a normal individual in his hearing impared world.

You can be ignorant about hearing aids now, but, trust me, most people will loose a significant portion of their hearing as they grow older - exacerbated by loud earbuds so common to iPods.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    ^ i'm 24 and a swear I need a hearing aid sometimes.

I now watch TV and movies with a headset on because my girlfriend gets tired of me going back to see what they said, i'm probably causing more damage with the loud headphones.

I was stupid when I was 16-18 and had a huge system in my car and I believe that began the damage.
    /\

Huh?
    Great news, my daughter is hearing impared due to Miniere's Disease. She first started having problems in 1998 when she was traveling as Miss USA. She now wears 2 Siemens aides which support Bluetooth. She was just in Berlin to shot new commercials for Siemens for their new aides. Susposed to be pretty cool with cell phones and directional hearing. Will tell her about the Pre features.

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Thanks

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by chicagonettech View Post
    Hearing aid compatabiliy puts the Palm into a mode that allows it to magnetically couple with modern hearing aids so hearing impared persons can use a Palm Pre in the same manner as any other telephone.

While not all modern phones, especially the really cheap land-line style phones are hearaing aid compatible, there is an incredibly large community of hearing impared individuals who use both hearing aids and phones, including one of the primary developers of Dolby Digital and Surround Sound - now in his 80's and having lost most of his hearing late in life. He and his associates gave movie goers an incredible gift in surround sound - the ability to experience movies via the sound-track as well as watch what's on the screen.

Now, without his very tech-savey hearing aids, which shape the sonic curves of the sounds he hears so what he hears sounds very much like what he used to hear, without the abilty to ascertain whether a sound is in front or back of him becase micro-hearing aids are not yet "surround sound" capable, he can function as a normal individual in his hearing impared world.

You can be ignorant about hearing aids now, but, trust me, most people will loose a significant portion of their hearing as they grow older - exacerbated by loud earbuds so common to iPods.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    I replaced the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $trying$ $to$ $get$ $rid$ $of$ $the$ $show_actual_battery_percentage$.$patch$ $and$ $when$ $I$ $rebooted$ $the$ $phone$ $I$ $got$ $the$ $ear$ $icon$ $where$ $the$ $3g$ $icon$ $was$. $A$ $fresh$ $copy$ $of$ $the$ $1$.$2$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ $file$ $should$ $do$ $the$ $trick$.
    I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I have an ICON that looks like a telephone off of the hook with 3 rows of vertical and horizontal dots underneath. Also, I've purposefully not updated to 1.2 due to the issues that I'm hearing people are having with EAS sync. I can't afford for that to break so until I'm sure that my sync won't be broken, I'm not upgrading.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I have an ICON that looks like a telephone off of the hook with 3 rows of vertical and horizontal dots underneath.
    THAT is TTY mode being enabled.. Go into the Phone app, Preferences - and turn it off.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Has anyone found out how to turn on HAC mode?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sixshooterz View Post
    Can someone tell me what the ear-shaped icon is by the 3G indicator at the top right of my Pre? This didn't show up until after 1.2 was released and I cannot find a way to turn it off or what it even means.

I don't have Bluetooth enabled so it can't be an earpiece.
    I don't have TTY/TDD enabled so it can't indicate hearing impaired.

It looks like either an ear or a lightbulb missing the lower left half. I can't get a decent picture because my Blackberry sucks and my other camera isn't good for close-up pictures.

I'm sure it's something simple; I just can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!
    instead of taking a picture, just take a screen shot. Press Orange, Sym and P at the same time, then look in your photos and there will be a section called screenshots.
    hxxp://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3773/unknown20093009123710.jpg

Also notice it is jacking up my battery mod. The 100% is now just 10 and any 2 digit number dosent show the % sign. I just want it gone.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Web OS 1.2.1 got rid of the ear icon for me.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiithief View Post
    hxxp://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3773/unknown20093009123710.jpg

Also notice it is jacking up my battery mod. The 100% is now just 10 and any 2 digit number dosent show the % sign. I just want it gone.
    HAC has nothing to do with the 10 and missing %. Remove and reinstall the patch. It was broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixshooterz View Post
    Woah! I didn't realize anyone else in Pensacola was smart enough to figure out the Pre!! :-) Nice to know I'm not the only sucker down here!
    That is so wrong and I take offense to that! But da**, there are lots of Pensacolians in these forums!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast