Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Is anybody else getting double captures, When I do a screencapture it shows up as 2 .


    Also is anybody else having this problem?




    It dosnt drop down far enough, I can still use it but it still annoys me
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/30/2009 at 02:27 AM.
  2. #2  
    That has been that way since at least 1.1.0. One is a .jpg, the other a .png. Don't know why they chose to do that though.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    That has been that way since at least 1.1.0. One is a .jpg, the other a .png. Don't know why they chose to do that though.
    I get that there are 2 files saved. But I do alot of screencaptures maybe 5 a week or more and I got my pre on launch day 6/6/09 and it has never done that on my pre.
  4. #4  
    It has always done that you just see it now because palm fix the picture format to finally show .png & .bmp
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    It has always done that you just see it now because palm fix the picture format to finally show .png & .bmp
    Really! Thanks! yeah I got that! my post was that It was now showing up as 2 in the s/cap file when I browse the pics folder on the device.

    It never did that before and now I have to delete twice the pics that I did before.
  6. vtecbrown's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #6  
    Because the photos app now displays png and bmp. i have always gotten a jpg and a png saved, but could only view the png when in USB mode.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Really! Thanks! yeah I got that! my post was that It was now showing up as 2 in the s/cap file when I browse the pics folder on the device.

    It never did that before and now I have to delete twice the pics that I did before.
    My bad, I thought you weren't aware that it took the screen capture in two different formats.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post



    It dosnt drop down far enough, I can still use it but it still annoys me
    That popup menu is scrollable, as are all other menus containing more than what you can visually see at one time. Scroll it up or down once you have it displayed.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    That popup menu is scrollable, as are all other menus containing more than what you can visually see at one time. Scroll it up or down once you have it displayed.
    Now I feel stupid!
  10. #10  
    Hey Nacho, I am in Jacksonville too!

    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    That popup menu is scrollable, as are all other menus containing more than what you can visually see at one time. Scroll it up or down once you have it displayed.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    Which of the double pics is in what format (1st pic=jpg : 2nd pic=png OR Vice Versa) and is there a size diff? Currently have over 1500 pics and are trying to save as much space as I can.
  12. #12  
    1st is .png, 2nd is .jpg, no size difference.
  13. NateCow42's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #13  
    What I find annoying is that we can't decide if we want two formats taken. There's really no reason for it, and now that we can see them both, it just clutters everything.

    Regarding that menu, I noticed that too. Indeed, it is scrollable, but it shouldn't require scrolling. If you rotate into landscape, yeah, you can't see everything and you need to scroll. But prior to 1.2, in portrait mode that whole list showed up without requiring scrolling. It's one of those odd changes that makes me wonder what Palm is thinking sometimes.

Posting Permissions